Apple M1 5nm chip launched for macbook air and pro 13 inch

If you are facing pixelated text issue when a M1 Mac is connected to external monitor (non 4k monitors) there is a work around now using a 3rd party app.
Been waiting for something like this all year and now it's here and i don't have my monitor with me. :|

On another note, M1 Air owners are you finding noticeably worse battery life now after a year of use? If I take a rough estimate now it's around 10-15% worse for me now than when it was new.

Been waiting for something like this all year and now it's here and i don't have my monitor with me. :|

On another note, M1 Air owners are you finding noticeably worse battery life now after a year of use? If I take a rough estimate now it's around 10-15% worse for me now than when it was new.
exactly same situation, I dont have a monitor now to check, will need to wait few more days

regarding batter life I havent noticed much difference since I have still not upgraded to Mac OS Monterey

In case anyone is looking for the cheapest single wire docking solution, please look up the Apple multiport adapter (A2119 which is the newer model. The old one was restricted to 4K at 30hz like the other cheap USB C docks).
If PD is a requirement then either a proper TB dock (not USB 3) or the Apple A2119 at a minimum.
Is this still the best option or is there anything offering better value? USB PD might be used.

Is this still the best option or is there anything offering better value? USB PD might be used.
Lot of options for 4k60 with PD now.
AT the bottom end are the no-name chinese generic hubs.. These are best avoided considering PD.
At the middle end, you have hubs from known chinese makes like cablecreation for just under 3K or so .

But the Best (and standards compliant) option right now would be Samsungs' multiport adapter with PD.
It's under 4k on their website if you use a corp login

Back