iOS Apple iPhone X charging issues( cable needs to be in particular way)

As mentioned .
Another update and probably last one.

So It is now charging everytime I try to connect and I no longer have to connect it at certain angle.

Cleaning with the swipe 2 seems to have solved the problem completely for me.

However another advice to people use toothpic might be better instead of a steel pin because pins if used with even little extra force can completely ruin the charging port.
I was gonna suggest this pin method which I'm using since decades, but you already tried it and worked!
Rubbing pin is a good thing to use to rub the charging contacts which might have gathered dust and carbon. I make it a point to clean it once in 6 months or so.
Not iPhone, but the issue might be same. This was a common issue for Nokia 7 Plus phones. Happened the same way as you described. The issue was the charging port of the phone. It might be the same for your phone. Will be better to get it checked and repaired, because after some time, it might even stop charging.
Nokia's usb issues exists since N-series days. My family had almost 9 N-series phones back then and 6-7 of them suffered the famous usb issues after 2-3 years and the port had to be replaced.
In fact, when HMD re-launched Nokia's 4-5 yrs ago their famous usb issues still haunts almost all the released phones.

Last edited:
Nokia's usb issues exists since N-series days. My family had almost 9 N-series phones back then and 6-7 of them suffered the famous usb issues after 2-3 years and the port had to be replaced.
In fact, when HMD re-launched Nokia's 4-5 yrs ago their famous usb issues still haunts almost all the released phones.
That's quite a shame, considering how good the Nokia phones were considered in terms of build quality. But a basic thing failing like charging port, or power button is just really bad.

That's quite a shame, considering how good the Nokia phones were considered in terms of build quality. But a basic thing failing like charging port, or power button is just really bad.
Yeah! Back then there were issues with popping out power keys, volume keys not working etc. Build quality was never a question as no sliding issues or dropping tensions as they were considered next to a brick! But these button issues and the most important ones USB port issues suffered a lot.

Non-USB Nokias never had any issues.

Yeah! Back then there were issues with popping out power keys, volume keys not working etc. Build quality was never a question as no sliding issues or dropping tensions as they were considered next to a brick! But these button issues and the most important ones USB port issues suffered a lot.

Non-USB Nokias never had any issues.
Yea, the feature phones were rock solid, didn't happen anything to them even after a big fall. My first feature phone was a Nokia. One of the Nokia feature phone model was even called a haathi, considering how solid it was built.

My first smartphone was a Samsung, and then I got Nexus 5 after that. Nokia smartphones had gone the Windows way, and that was really a wrong move on their part. Had they gone with Android, maybe they would still be big in the mobile market today. But yea, issues with stuff like volume and power keys is just terrible. Just the other day, I read an experience of someone with their Nokia phone after 2 years of use... the volume buttons just dropped out... and it was no abuse or anything... he just took off the back cover that came with the phone, and the buttons just dropped off. That's just terrible quality.

Even I am facing issues with power button and volume keys on my Nokia 7+, apart from the charging port, which I got repaired just a few days ago. The power button had stopped working a few months ago, and has suddenly started working fine now. Same with volume buttons. They weren't working. Now the upper one works, but not the lower one.

It is quite a shame, because Nokia phones are really good in terms of software and OS... clean Android. But, their hardware specs as per price, and such poor build quality lets them down.

Back