Apple finally allows alternate app stores in EU

ibose

Skilled
But -

Last edited:
Hopefully, we can get apps like newpipe and adaway for better quality of life. Hell, a full fledged file manager would be a boon.

Hopefully, we can get apps like newpipe and adaway for better quality of life. Hell, a full fledged file manager would be a boon.
It is unclear how it will be enforced but it will likely be restrictive and probably based on having an EU payment method so that others can't sideload.

This doesn't break the sandbox in anyway which is much stricter than Android, so apps will still not be able to access anything beyond their own storage, and inter-app communication is only through the sharing sheet.

You can hate Apple's decisions and their own data collection, but apps are restricted by design which increases security and privacy for third-party applications, while adding inconvenience.

For the time being you can use YT on Safari with adblockers, HTML5 features, Sponsorblock which is actually much better than using any app on non-jailbroken iOS. At the system level, you can use the VPN based adblockers which is what you get on Android as well unless you root.

Yes, sandbox is generally good but not being able to access the files is such a pain! This means that I have to use Android everytime I have to deal with an external file that I want to edit, share or modify easily without jumping too many hoofs.

For YT, I already have premium but not being able to download a items permanently is a deal breaker and new pipe works exceptionally well for that.

Hello to all the Europeans that have already posted on this thread. :joyful: I am not in EU. Any chance of it coming to India?

Back