Apple Announces iOS7. Check out the new features and improvements

RoBoGhOsT

Perambulating
Skilled
Apple has finally unveiled iOS 7 at WWDC 2013. The iOS 7 is said to be the most significant update since original iPhone was announced, bringing major changes and improvements such as Control Center, better Multitasking and Airdrop .

As rumored earlier, the UI has got major redesign and now presents flatter aesthetics and drops the 3D like elements found in previous iOS versions. The icons and all built in apps have been redesigned to match the new UI.
New features in iO7

Control Center

Apple has introduced a new Control Center feature, which can be accessed by swiping up from the bottom of the screen. It has toggles for various settings such as Wi-FI, Bluetooth, Airplane mode etc which enables quicker access. It also has shortcuts for flashlight, clock, calculator and camera.
Notification center

The notification center lets you know about events like missed calls , new mails and to-do elerts. It includes two new Missed and All views to sort the notifications.
Multitasking

Multitasking has also been improved on the new iOS version. It allows apps to update in the background and learns when you like to use the apps. When you access the apps they are already updated. Pressing the home button twice shows the previews of open apps, and swiping the preview up closes the apps.
Camera

The camera interface has also been redesigned. Now it gives simpler access to all shooting modes like still , video, panorama and square. To change the modes, you just need to swipe across the screen. It also includes filters which you can apply to images to give them artistic looks.
Photos

The photos app gets new views including Collections , Moments and Years which groups the pictures based on time and place.
Airdrop

The new Airdrop feature lets you share content with other people nearby. You can share content with people in your contacts who are running iO7 and nearby. Then Airdrop automatically transfers the content using Bluetooth or Wi-Fi securely with encryption.
Safari

The built in Safari browser also gets a refresh. Now it includes a smart search field, allows back and forward between pages by just swiping across the screen, can generate unique passwords for you and remember them and can store passwords on iCloud keychain.
iTunes

The music app has also been redesigned and now includes iTunes Radio service. It will be available for free offering more than 200 genre based stations.
Siri

The voice control app Siri has also been improved and now includes a male and female voice. It now includes new sources such as Twitter, Bing, Wikipedia and returns answers faster.
App Store

The app store now includes a feature which lists apps which are popular in your area. It also includes a Kids category which suggests apps for kids. iOS 7 also updates apps automatically.
Find My iPhone

The iOS7 has better security from theft in case you loose your iPhone. Find My iPhone helps you find your lost phone, but in case it fails to, there are additional security measures.
Now the iPhone cannot be erased or Find My iPhone feature cannot be turned off without entering Apple ID and password. Find My iPhone can also continue to display a custom message, even after your device is erased. And your Apple ID and password are required before anyone can reactivate it.

The iOS 7 will be released this fall for iPhone 4 and higher models , iPad 2 and higher, iPad Mini and iPod Touch and iPod touch 5th Gen. Some features are not available for older devices.

Source

Last edited:
Guys, any idea when it will be available to download?

waiting for this since last 2 months... hope we will be able to JB.. not like the last update...

I am hoping that jailbreak might come soon only because with all these changes they have done in iOS 7, there is good probability of exploits being injected unknowingly and the jailbreak people can use them to create an untethered jailbreak.

That Auxo like app switcher is going to eat a lot of ram.
Cydia usage will be limited because of that, especially for intensive tweaks. Some of them will no longer be needed because of the updates in the os.

As for io7 looks, I'm not fond of the icons or the calendar. Rest of it seems fine.

Hey guys ,
Why do you want to jail break? What are the advantages?
Also why is the android OS preferred than apple OS?
What does stock ios7 miss that android has / will do when jail broken?
I see people talk about lack of customization,etc.. Has the issue still not been addressed in the ios7 ? I'm planning on buying a device that can run ios7 .

Thanks (never used apple devices before).

Hey guys ,
Why do you want to jail break? What are the advantages?
Also why is the android OS preferred than apple OS?
What does stock ios7 miss that android has / will do when jail broken?
I see people talk about lack of customization,etc.. Has the issue still not been addressed in the ios7 ? I'm planning on buying a device that can run ios7 .

Thanks (never used apple devices before).
This question has been debated multiple times, mostly leading to heated arguments.
I'd advise you to search the forum for such threads.
Moreover there is a long time to go before ios7 is released to the public, so have patience

^+1 Please dont answer that question. GODMODE09 search the forum for other such threads or the entire internet for thousands. Dont want another thread derailed :p

Back