Apple Acknowledges iPhone 5 Camera Problem with usual answer

6pack

ex-Mod
No dearth of troubles to iPhone 5 users. Seems users are complaining of purple flare effects in pics captured by the 5's camera. It can be the same effect photographers see in point to shoot cameras on highlights.
Image Source: Is Your iPhone 5 Camera Seeing Purple?

original.jpg

Gizmodo's editor-in-chief Joe Brown noticed this exact problem happening on his phone (as in image above).

So what has Apple got to say about this? Its not their fault. Its just that
You’re Holding It Wrong.

What they replied in their mail...
Dear Matt,

Our engineering team just gave me this information and we recommend that you angle the camera away from the bright light source when taking pictures. The purple flare in the image provided is considered normal behavior for iPhone 5's camera. If you wish to reach me regarding this case number *********, please contact me at 1-877-***-**** ext. *******. I currently work Thursday-Monday: 7:00am - 3:30pm Mountain Time. If you reach my voicemail, please leave your name, phone number, case number and the best time to reach you. Email is ***********@apple.com.

Sincerely,
Debby
AppleCare Support
Source and more pics: Apple Acknowledges iPhone 5 Camera Problem, Says You're Holding It Wrong

:O
have fun with your expensive phones guys. and if you find anything wrong with it, its your fault. You obviously do not know how to use it. /s

Jobism !!!

Someone summed it up

- AntennaGate2 (can still short antennas at top and bottom)
- ScuffGate/ScratchGate (anodized finish easily comes off)
- LightningGate (USB end of lightning connector gets "stuck" in USB ports)
- CableGate (auth chip in cable prevents cheaper third party cables)
- AppleMapsGate (no explanation needed)
- WiFiGate (problems connecting/staying connected to WPA-2 networks)
- SiriGate (siring giving wrong weather for major cities, etc)
- PurpleGate (bright lights appear purple in pics)

But atleast apple is admitting fault under the leadership of Tim Cook . When it was Steve Jobs, he would become defensive and rather blame customers or media for giving it more hype .

If anyone is interested in iPhone, i would suggest getting a 4S or 4 rather than this buggy 5. Agreed 4S and 4 are old phones but if they work for you are you are not a sucker for quad core and all such things, by all means go for the iPhone 4/4S.

- - - Updated - - -

But atleast apple is admitting fault under the leadership of Tim Cook . When it was Steve Jobs, he would become defensive and rather blame customers or media for giving it more hype .

Admitting fault is fine but doing something to correct it in the most efficient way is not something apple is doing. Just read on macrumors that now apple will be using their retail employees to verify Map data and provide corrections. So they want to do all sort of stupid things, but won't just open a web based apple maps (like google maps) and let people suggest corrections. Even non iOS users can help in this way to get the maps data correct. But no this is apple and they won't allow anyone to use the maps unless they buy iOS devices.

Yeah, Rak . I also checked the same. I usually upgrade to an iphone have an "s" in the end . I had 2g - 3gs and now 4s . Somehow even when the iphone 5 was not launched i had assumed that specs wise, it would not be a rocker . Same Mega pixel camera - elongated screen - faulty camera - most important thing missing was the GOOGLE MAPS . I read it on Appleinsider or 9to5 Macrumours that it will take Apple atleast 8 to 10 months to correct their data in ios maps .

What a phone, pay 1000$ for it and get an apology email from CEO as maps dont work properly and give wrong directions. Camera does not click photos properly, nicks on the edges on brand new phones .Next they will have signal or battery issue also popping up. Guess one is better of buying a 100$ Android or the previous version of Iphone.

Yeah, Rak . I also checked the same. I usually upgrade to an iphone have an "s" in the end . I had 2g - 3gs and now 4s . Somehow even when the iphone 5 was not launched i had assumed that specs wise, it would not be a rocker . Same Mega pixel camera - elongated screen - faulty camera - most important thing missing was the GOOGLE MAPS . I read it on Appleinsider or 9to5 Macrumours that it will take Apple atleast 8 to 10 months to correct their data in ios maps .

And that correction might be only for US. People like us who are as per them in 3rd world countries have to forget maps will ever be available in proper form for us.

What a phone, pay 1000$ for it and get an aplogoy email from CEO as maps dont work properly and give wrong directions. Camera does not click photos properly, nicks on the edges on brand new phones .Next they will have signal or battery issue also popping up. Guess one is better of buying a 100$ Android or the previous version of Iphone.

Yeah,If you check GSMARENA . Some customers are reporting battery issues too . Better to use 4s or purchase 4s if one does not want an incremental change.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes,agree with you. I remember,i had to go Bilaspur in Himachal Pradesh. Friend was getting married in his home town and used Google Maps to navigate to the exact location . It was remarkable , Google maps are so detailed,its all due to 6-7 years of work that they did . People might not know but adding a map to iphone 2g in 2007 was a last minute decision and Apple wants to achieve the success in mapping service which took Google about 7 years. For this very reason i have not upgraded to ios6 .

Hahaha 50k Phone cant even take pics. This is downright stupid. The kind of premium they charge they should atleast make sure they do proper testing.

Seems like they are now at a point where they ahve amassed so much wealth and brand reputation that they can afford to neglect such issues. These will come up on internet forums, and apple will deny or just downplay it and they will die down.

No Fanboyism or flameboyism but never liked Apple products due to the restrictions and the attitude of the company but this should atleast open the eyes of all Fanboys those who violently defend Apple products. (Not talking about Normal Apple product users here)

And that correction might be only for US. People like us who are as per them in 3rd world countries have to forget maps will ever be available in proper form for us.
There was a very good article on this topic. It basically said even US cant be done in 8-10 months. One of the basic problems is they have chosen C grade suppliers for map data. If the data is not good, they might just need to go back to Google Maps.
Yeah,If you check GSMARENA . Some customers are reporting battery issues too . Better to use 4s or purchase 4s if one does not want an incremental change.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes,agree with you. I remember,i had to go Bilaspur in Himachal Pradesh. Friend was getting married in his home town and used Google Maps to navigate to the exact location . It was remarkable , Google maps are so detailed,its all due to 6-7 years of work that they did . People might not know but adding a map to iphone 2g in 2007 was a last minute decision and Apple wants to achieve the success in mapping service which took Google about 7 years. For this very reason i have not upgraded to ios6 .
I have seen even Google Maps eff up even after 7 years. It gives me a 300km drive around direction for a 60km drive over a bridge. Though it acknowledges the bridge's presence at the point, it refuses to use it in driving directions.

iPhone 5 is a big fail. We are laughing at it. But we are simply wasting our time. Apple has sold millions of devices already. Apple fanbois purchase just because it is an iPhone. Now they will come up with something like iPhone 5f (fixed the f#$%ed one :p) and people will show love again.

Think, I made the right decision going for the S3 for now, if Apple fixes up the IP5 or does something close to interesting with the next iteration, will consider it, right the Android device is doing quite well and more than holding its own compared to my trusty IP4.

60k is the retailing price of iphone5 in India. Wht the hell is that. in 60k one can get decent desktop + high end android mobile.
IMO iphone's value should be 30-35k max

My friend's (he's at onsite) boss couldn't decide which color to get - a White IP5 or a Black IP5.
So he ordered both. :D

Now tell him that his camera/map/battery do not work. :p

My friend's (he's at onsite) boss couldn't decide which color to get - a White IP5 or a Black IP5.
So he ordered both. :D

Now tell him that his camera/map/battery do not work. :p

He will be too busy using the Phone function and messaging to be bothered with simple issues like maps and camera quality and anyway it is an Apple. How the ******************** <insert expletives here> will they screw up things.

They are the best. Period.

I have been reading about the Apple Maps mess, but I didn't realize how seriously screwed up the maps are until I updated the iPad2 at home to iOS6. Google maps used to be accurate with the GPS when pointing the current location. But with Apple maps, the current location shows up at least a decent number of blocks (300~400m) away from the actual location. Leave alone the missing places and other stuff. the map data itself is completely unreliable when working with the GPS. I am not sure if this is a localized issue, but there surely is noway in hell somebody can practically use the GPS positioning along with Apple maps over here.

I compare dmy 4S to 5 hands on in local market. 4S looks much better than the new iteration. 5 is unduly elongated & looks out of proportions while 4s still looks smart. Moreover with the buggy issues reported & the high price, its a complete NO for now.

Back