App to extract videos from DVD

Nishu

Adept
I have a camcorder from sony and the model name is DVD DCR-305 .
Yeah i know it is pretty old but it was enough for my usage.:)
I used it record a documentary movie.
Everything is recorded on a Sony DVD-RW.
But i cannot retrieve Data from DVD by using any ripping software like DVD Decrypter,ISO Buster etc..:mad:
After all the frustration i went to a local Video studio and gave the DVD to him and he gave the recorded clips from DVD.:ashamed:
I only gave him the DVD.
i tried really hard to get clips but i failed,dont know why,everytime i insert the disk it shows it is empty and the ripping software also point the same.:S
So can any one guide me to how to extract my videos from the DVD.:huh:

@ CA50

haha lol.....

i didnt tried it under linux since the last virus attack my system was damaged alot(i didnt format my pc since 1 year :p ) so had to format my HDD so i lot MBR of my linux Karmic Koala and couldnt repair it as i lost my cd :( .

But any way i tried each and every method under Wiondows by searching the related guides but they didnt work.

Also when i went to collect the videos from the local video studio person ,he just popped in my dvd any copied the videos tracks from the Video_TS folder.:S

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

@ MRTZ

The capacity of the DVD-RW is 1.4 gb and the data is about 1.2 gb.

The only thing that iso buster is showing is the same 1.2 gb track image i tried ti extract from it but no video file is extracted instead it creates another image file of the Track1 file.

For trying under linux, you don't have to install it, just use any of the live cd, or install it inside windows.

have you tried it another windows system?

@ CA50
i know that a live cd can do what you said but the issue is i dont have any linux CD at present so can you point me methods working under windows.
And also the local video studio wala can do then why cant we and i was like :S :ashamed: when he copied the video files just by popping it into DVD drive and just copy and paste into my pendrive.

Yeah i even tried it in my friends DVD drive and also tried the ripping software too but the results were same as mine.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

And also how can i use the live cd and check my DVD at same time as i have only 1 DVD drive..

saw this in the specs.

DVD Format Video Recording
The DVD recording format delivers digital picture and sound quality comparable to that of MiniDV, but on DVD. Playback of the DVDs couldn' t be simpler. After finalizing the disc in the camera, the disc plays back in compatible DVD Players, computers and even PlayStation 2 video game consoles.

DVD-R/RW and + RW Compatible
The DCR-DVD305 is compatible with a variety of DVD formats allowing the ease of use and simplicity found in DVD Media. With DVD+RW media there is not a need to finalize the disc (minimum recording required). Simply remove the disc and insert the media into a compatible DVD Player.

was the dvd-rw finalised in the cam first before you tried to rip it on pc?
does the disc play in a dvd player?

USB 2.0 Interface
USB 2.0 interface provides an easy way to connect your DVD Digital Handycam camcorder to computers for fast transfer of video and still images to your computer for editing. The camcorder can also be used as an external DVD burner, convenient for making copies of your DVDs or burning edited movies.

did you try this?

@6pack

No the dvd wasn't finalized in the cam..

Also i know that there is no need to finalize DVD-RW disc.

So i inserted the disc in my dvd drive to copy the videos but it was other way round.

Also i tried using the usb cable too but that didnt work.

can you see the videos in the cam?

So i inserted the disc in my dvd drive to copy the videos but it was other way round.

means? does the pc ask to format the disc?

Have you tried browsing the cam through the sony software?

Kind of stupid reply but are the files/folders on your DVD-RW (or whatever) are hidden. I have experienced this that if hidden files are written on DVD and when you just pop them in DVD drive the folders dont show for obvious reasons (assuming dont show hidden files is checked).

Back