Monitors AOC i2369Vm or Samsung S24D390HL

KernelPanic

Disciple
Feb 12, 2012
Guys, help me decide which monitor to choose AOC i2369Vm (IPS) or Samsung S24D390HL (PLS) or any other (within same budget 10-12K after coupons)

- AOC is about 1K cheaper than Samsung.
- AOC model was launched last year as opposed to Samsung (this year). I guess AOC is yet to offer their latest products in India (including PLS monitors)
- AOC offers more input options (D-SUB, 2xHDMI including one MHL, Display port), while Samsung only has D-SUB & HDMI

How's the after sales service of these brands (as far as monitors are concerned)? Both companies have service center in my city.

Main use would be work/internet, movies, & very little CS 1.6

KernelPanic

Disciple
Feb 12, 2012
AOC ASS is good. I was got refund instead of repair for a minor issue.

I was searching for some reviews/suggestions & stumbled onto your thread itself. I noticed that you bought 3D monitor (I'm also thinking about that). What was the issue with it? & which monitor did you choose after that?

ivhere

Adept
Aug 15, 2011
There was some hissing noise while connecting it to external speakers and D2367 was went out of stock at that time. I was using it with laptop since my old laptop was have horrible screen. I was fed up of waiting for restocking of same monitor so I picked a new laptop with a better display instead and dropped the idea of getting monitor.

Monitor was good for entertainment(Gaming, Movies etc) but not that useful for work because of bright screen. Even it's lowest brightness was too bright for me and causing strain on my eyes during longer working hours.

KernelPanic

Disciple
Feb 12, 2012
There was some hissing noise while connecting it to external speakers and D2367 was went out of stock at that time. I was using it with laptop since my old laptop was have horrible screen. I was fed up of waiting for restocking of same monitor so I picked a new laptop with a better display instead and dropped the idea of getting monitor.

Monitor was good for entertainment(Gaming, Movies etc) but not that useful for work because of bright screen. Even it's lowest brightness was too bright for me and causing strain on my eyes during longer working hours.

Thanks.

Even my laptop has pretty bright screen, and I have never used it without f.lux, so I guess I could use the same to solve the brightness issue for me.

AOC i2369Vm is costing 10, 560 and Samsung S24D390HL ~ 11, 580 on Infibeam after coupon. D2367PH is out of stock on Infibeam & the cheapest I could find is more than ~13.5K. Not sure if I'm going to shell out 3K extra for 3D only (which is not going to be used that much anyway). I'll check it's rate locally tomorrow (if the market is open) & decide between AOC & Samsung model.