Anyone ordered something from Aliexpress since the plague started?

avesh

Disciple
Feb 11, 2020
I have not personally imported anything from AliExpress after lockdown but couple of guys i know had to pay high customs duties (equal to or more than 30%)

fullysharpened

Disciple
Aug 20, 2017
Mumbai
I have not personally imported anything from AliExpress after lockdown but couple of guys i know had to pay high customs duties (equal to or more than 30%)

I know people in the custom mech community that have paid over 100% for shipments through Fedex. It's crazy right now, can't wait for China Post to resume.

sauravghosh

Adept
Jul 18, 2017
Kolkata
Eh forget about post pandemic orders i ordered before that in December 2019, just a knife and o-rings for keyboard but none of them were delivered. On that, does anyone know where to get o rings in India for any reasonable price? I badly need some.

mechmax

Disciple
May 10, 2020
Can some one says is there any alternative to aliexpress? I need sapphire RX580 and Zotac 970 graphics card fan. If any indian maker with even twice the amount compare to chines , i am willing to pay

avesh

Disciple
Feb 11, 2020
Eh forget about post pandemic orders i ordered before that in December 2019, just a knife and o-rings for keyboard but none of them were delivered. On that, does anyone know where to get o rings in India for any reasonable price? I badly need some.
check with any local automobile spare shop. They have plenty of different size o-rings.

cellar_door

Adept
May 14, 2007
Can some one says is there any alternative to aliexpress? I need sapphire RX580 and Zotac 970 graphics card fan. If any indian maker with even twice the amount compare to chines , i am willing to pay

Just make your own fans. Atmnirbhar bharat. :lol:

• Haha
Reactions: sammy0x

mechmax

Disciple
May 10, 2020
I have done similiar thing, utilising an old cabinet fan with good air throwing capabilities. Tied that on graphics card, now temperature remains atleast 7 degree lesser at full load,compare to stock fan. Its crude method but works

Reactions: nimod

akhilgopal

Lalithamaya Jeevitham B|
Disciple
Aug 5, 2012
Trivandrum,KL
www.facebook.com
All my pre-pandemic orders used to be delivered in a month's time. Just use the AliExpress standard shipping. My friend has a bought some cheap mobile accessories a
in the last 2 months and he got them delivered.

mav2000

Skilled
Dec 19, 2008
In Bangalore atleast all china parcels are being held for long times and customs is being charged even for small items.

Reactions: mh09ad5578