Anyone here using YOU Broadband in Pune ?

Update.
So i think i took a good decision to change my plan and not stay with the one which gave me 25GB for 3 months (before FUP). At under 700 Rs per month i feel this is VFM plan for me without putting a hole in my pocket.
And with my usage this seems the right plan. In March 2013 i clocked usage of 100 GB and for this month my usage is around 28GB already in the month of april.
For anyone staying in Aundh, Pune area i would recommend YOU broadband. Hope this performance stays as it is.
Check attachment.

Attachments

• Photo Apr 06, 3 46 09 PM.png
    Photo Apr 06, 3 46 09 PM.png
    138 KB · Views: 353
So my 3 Months with 1 Mbps connection are coming to an end in few days. I am ok with this speed and see no need for faster connection unless i can get one at same price.
There is no FUP in my plan. There is almost no downtime ever (touchwood) except once when the connection was down for an hour or so.
Apart from this it works as expected. Torrents reach full speeds and same goes for downloads through IDM.
Youtube / Daily motion as i mentioned in other thread stutters a bit for 480p videos and even for 360p but i don't watch much videos and also if it is long one, i usually download the YT/DM video rather than streaming.

dont ever go for you broadband service.
they suck big time.
their customer care numbers are not working.
they are big cheats.

And you created an id just to say this ?
As i mentioned previously, YOU broadband service differs based upon the area and i do know majority of the reviews are bad.

Ur plan looks good. Shall check with them.

I was using Iqara which was renamed to You broadband later, probably to save their lost face. That time even bsnl didnt have broadband in the market. Had such a horrible experience with down-times that, in next Pune IT expo I sat with their marketing guy on their stall for couple of hrs and made sure nobody opts for their service. :)

The faces of iqara people on the stalls were worth watching lol. Those were the same people who made lots of promises while selling me their service.

Probably vipul had similar experience so fuming so much.

@Harpy.eagle

But still my experience does not necessarily mean you will have the same good experience. YOU broadband service varies a lot from area to area. I stay in Aundh area in Pune and Baner area is very near to mine but people in Baner have bad reviews for YOU broadband.

Last edited by a moderator:
i have been using youbroadband for over five years now there were issues in the beginning but for last three years it has been nothing but superb
been using 12mbps plan from the day it was released
my 25gb usually lasts 15-17 days and then it's unlimited 1 mbps after that without fup :D

I too enjoyed the 10 Mbps plan but it became expensive for my needs to switched to 1 Mbps UL now.
But yes the 12 Mbps at 1212 Rs per month till 25 GB is a good plan, just more expensive for me for now.

I'm Hearing Rumors From My Sources that ACT is Launching in Pune/Mumbai (Read Some Random City in Maharashtra) . I don't Know how Credible is this Information, Just hope They launch in Some Random City Apart from Hyderabad and Bangalore.

The Guy Simply Told Tests are being conducted in Maharashtra and a Northern State ( I won't Mention about it as i feel its Not True).
We are seriously looking at expansion into metros like Delhi and Mumbai, and emerging cities like Surat, Pune, Ahmedabad, and Baroda and parts of Andhra Pradesh over the next 18 to 24 months
http://postnoon.com/2011/11/26/wanna-deliver-gigabit-magic-to-million-customers/6329
I guess launches will be Done as per this article.

Someone on IBF also mentioned about this testing going on and plans *might* be 15 Mbps for residential and 50 Mbps for corporate. But the person on IBF did not know the name of broadband provider.

Someone on IBF also mentioned about this testing going on and plans *might* be 15 Mbps for residential and 50 Mbps for corporate. But the person on IBF did not know the name of broadband provider.
I Just happen to see that post. TBF, My source was Even talking about Baroda and NCR.
Fingers Crossed. Last time that Idiot told ACT was launching in Chennai, Didn't happen. Lets see this time.[DOUBLEPOST=1371356884][/DOUBLEPOST]As there was already an Official Article on the launches, I thought of posting.
I usually don't Give a Damn about Such rumors.

http://www.youbroadband.in/new2012/broadband/pune.php
Has any one noticed NEW high speed broadband plans in Every city from YOU?

This one is Good.

B7khI5i.png

Here in Pune, they actually have a 50 mbps plan for 2k per month upto 50gb, and 1 mbps thereafter. But the weird thing is that depending on where you live, the plans differ. For example, in Viman Nagar, all the high-speed plans were available. But in Wanowrie, my friend who was on a 16mbps plan was downgraded to 12 mbps. The former plan is no longer available in the area.

Back