Anyone here done PG Diploma in ACTS - CDAC ??

avi

Skilled
As title says, anyone here done PG Diploma in CDAC institutes ? I needed more info regarding this..

Thank you very much for replying guys. Can you guys also mention your marks / ranking in CDAC entrance

I need to know following :
-how is education at CDAC centres ?
-what's the average salary you get once you complete the course ?

And now regarding exam C-CAT
-when will be the next exam ? I checked the site, seems they have not updated it
-I heard it will be conducted twice in a year ?
-where can I get old question papers ? I searched online and book stores, but couldn't find any. And also model / practice questions

i completed my PGDAC in aug 2008- fab 2009 (Unlucky year coz of recession),but yet they managed to bring some small co.s,placement was around or less than 15%.Earlier batch got good placement , around 70-80% highest sal was around 5lac pa.Try to interact with seniors.

If you are from mumbai or not MET,Bandra will be good option,only if hussain & sameer dehadrai teaches there.Totally industry approach to their teaching.In our time most of the students from MP,Hariyana,Delhi,non-mumbai also just coz of Hussain & Sameer sir.They teach what happens in industry NO TEXT BOOK.I never touched any textbook during my time there got good marks (B+).I think i was in top 10 ranks :p and topped first sesion of CDAC.

Hussain sir has > 20 year experience in IT industry.(he is great but he has some f**** EGO)
Sameer dehadrai teaches oracle (worked in borland , he was/is head of ASPEC region for Siebel during our time)

Just try to get in contact with MET senior students check it about these two faculty teaching there or not.

Yes its conducted in twice a year.
for more details call MET
MET - Institute of Information Technology

Thank you very much for replying guys. Can you guys also mention your marks / ranking in CDAC entrance

I need to know following :
-how is education at CDAC centres ?
-what's the average salary you get once you complete the course ?

And now regarding exam C-CAT
-when will be the next exam ? I checked the site, seems they have not updated it
-I heard it will be conducted twice in a year ?
-where can I get old question papers ? I searched online and book stores, but couldn't find any. And also model / practice questions

i completed my PGDAC in aug 2008- fab 2009 (Unlucky year coz of recession),but yet they managed to bring some small co.s,placement was around or less than 15%.Earlier batch got good placement , around 70-80% highest sal was around 5lac pa.Try to interact with seniors.
I don't know any seniors who have studied in CDAC

If you are from mumbai or not MET,Bandra will be good option,only if hussain & sameer dehadrai teaches there.Totally industry approach to their teaching.In our time most of the students from MP,Hariyana,Delhi,non-mumbai also just coz of Hussain & Sameer sir.They teach what happens in industry NO TEXT BOOK.I never touched any textbook during my time there got good marks (B+).I think i was in top 10 ranks :p and topped first sesion of CDAC.

Hussain sir has > 20 year experience in IT industry.(he is great but he has some f**** EGO)
Sameer dehadrai teaches oracle (worked in borland , he was/is head of ASPEC region for Siebel during our time)

Just try to get in contact with MET senior students check it about these two faculty teaching there or not.
Will try to find someone

Yes its conducted in twice a year.
for more details call MET
MET - Institute of Information Technology
I checked their site, but no info on exams :-/

BTW how MET is related to CDAC ? Is it just a different name for CDAC institute or an independent institute associated with CDAC?

I don't know any seniors who have studied in CDAC

Will try to find someone

I checked their site, but no info on exams :-/

BTW how MET is related to CDAC ? Is it just a different name for CDAC institute or an independent institute associated with CDAC?

Just look out in facebook,orkut for cdac group or MET IIT.

MET is conducting both CDAC programs (PGDAC & PGDACA (Design)) as well as independent course which is designed by Hussain sir (this course is mostly opted by people from non engg background and its 1 year course).

For more info on CDAC @ MET , please visit Courses at CDAC | Best C-DAC Centre in Mumbai | MET or u can personally visit MET Bandra, IIT college office is at first floor.

There is alumni meet for IIT / ISDR at Nov 3 2012 4.00pm onwards , where u may meet seniors from MET if u are allowed in. :)

Thanks for the info :)

Actually I was just going to do that, groups in Fb / orkut :p

I am not from Mumbai, so I cannot visit the campus.

Can you tell me more about the exam ? Books for preparing, model questions & old question papers etc ?

- - - Updated - - -

Can you tell me more about the exam ? Books for preparing, model questions & old question papers etc ?

- - - Updated - - -

Exam ?? I think your talking about C-CAT (comman admission test) ,
Its pretty simple , 3 stage process ,
Written -> Practical -> Interview.

You need to know C language & VB.
Just go through syllabus of pre-DAC, lot of students join pre-DAC course for C-CAT preparation.
pm me your email address, so i try to mail you C&VB programs that i got from seniors.

To whomsoever it may concern

I am a former student of CDAC ACTS PUNE. I feel necessary to write this; as I feel it's important to let future students and perhaps if anyone from CDAC management (if they care…) to know what actually happens during that 6 month period which they so call a PGD course. Here I’ll be talking about only the CDAC ACTS Pune centre as I have experienced the ways there and not about whole of CDAC as I don’t know about others.

From the day you opt for a course with CDAC ACTS Pune you can feel that you have stopped being a human (let alone a post grad student ...) but a mere livestock with no voice. The administration i.e. (course- coordinator, attendance in-charge and classroom keeper as they are the only interface a student gets to interact with during the course) assumes the role of prison wardens and treat the students (hereafter referred as prisoners) as death row prisoners.

For instance, if you are even a minute late (acc. to their watches and the faculty isn’t even there yet) in attending a back to back lecture usually extending up to 8 hrs they would scold you at their whim, take away your ID card and debar you from attending lectures for the remaining period of the day and the day after. They will return you your IDs only if you beg them within the inch of your life! In nutshell, they have the power to disallow you from attending lectures indefinitely, cancel your exams and even stop you from attending placement activities based on most trivial of actions and nonsense of matters; And the most amazing thing about that is that you can do nothing about it as you have no voice and no one to hear your side (Just like in prisons!!!). THEY PLAY WITH YOUR CAREER AS THEY PLEASE and without a trace of regret or remorse!

This can go on for the length of an epic but I think it’s pretty clear where it’s going. So rather than rambling on about the brutalities of the admin at CDAC ACTS Pune I would give a suggestion to its management (again if anyone cares…)

Suggestion:

There should be a bi-weekly feedback system for admin also as there is for faculty with strict actions if anyone found defaulting or harassing students (mentally or physically).

Students must be allowed to meet the HR personally (without the mediation of any of the admins) if they have any issues and that must be addressed ASAP.

High authorities (i.e. directors and members of ministry responsible for its establishment) should encourage students to interact with them and take a frank feedback about the challenges faced by students.

As for now ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

- By a former prisoner of this concentration camp.

^its same every at camps, not just Pune. But how was the education? Were you able to learn anything? Was that of any use?

I too did my DAC from MET Mumbai in 2005. Hussain is crazy but arguably the best faculty for such stressing courses.
^^ The syllabus I learned is history now and it might have changed a few times after that but the fact remains that they prepare you so well that you can manage to face and survive any technology or any assignment thrown at you. It prepares you mentally to understand your boundaries/limits and teaches you to constantly expand beyond it and also excel. So if you have a PG degree and looking for a quick course which will give you good knowledge and a good job instantly go for CDAC.
But If you commit yourself to CDAC be prepared to give in 14-15 hours a day. You will have to discipline yourself very strictly for 4.5months. No faltugiri/timepass etc.
I learnt 18diff technologies/prog languages if you may call so but after I got a job I decided to stick the Microsoft way but even today I am confident that I can change my line and start with any other new technology/prog lang.

Like Hussain always said: Technology is your tool not your wife.... so dont be in love with it. Just learn to use it to get your job done :)

Not from ACTS, Pune but I've done DAC from IACSD, Pune. Lemme know if I can be of any assistance.
Its been a long time since you completed your DAC.
My DAC rank for August 2014 is 1185 and i'm going for IACSD(preferences locked).
Needed your feedback about the center.(mostly about faculty and placement). there must have been many changes. still wanted to know, should i go for it?

Not from ACTS, Pune but I've done DAC from IACSD, Pune. Lemme know if I can be of any assistance.
I am going to attempt C-CAT in december 2014, what kind of preparation is needed?
Should i go through the pre-DAC study material , or the books recommended on the official site ?
What is the exact pattern of the exam ?
What is the difficulty level and how much marks i am supposed to score to get a rank under 1000 ?

hi guys, my name is prabhatroy and i have a query and it would be of really great help if any of you could answer my query. my query is that during my b.tech. i unfortunately got a backlog and my b.tech. got extended from 4 years to 5 years, and i will complete it this year in June 2015, so my question is am i still eligible for the next c-dac batch that will start in August 2015, and if yes, how much is it going yo affect my placement chances. eagerly waiting for your response.

Back