anyone facing issues with ipt

Onemufc

Skilled
Apr 16, 2011
I would only advise a SB only if you love a website and you have a low ratio .

TL , IPT , TD are not worth having a SB . Bonus points freeleech should be enough to make you have a bugger more than 100Gb all the time.

Which websites you are using to make a buffer on ? I can think of PTP . What else ?

crossbow

Mond Mond Ja Ja
Adept
Jul 20, 2009
Hyderabad/Surat
indeed seed.st is very good.

If you want to run SB for just 1-2 months ...
Specially This plan : 100GB SSD | 1 Gbps - Unlimited bandwidth + torrents - $14 per week, $50 per month ...
... Will be excellent and you will easily achieve 3-4 TB (even more) on may be all trackers.
1) If you are over all present on max 5-6 trackers.
2) If out of those 5-6 trackers, at least 3-4 trackers have heavy/moderate traffic like IPT
3) And if you know what torrent to pick.

More reviews for seed.st : http://www.t-i.com/seedbox-reviews/162786-seed-st.html (Google T-I for full link)

Other option I would recon is whatbox.ca. Check out their plans too. However they have bandwidth caps.
More reviews for whatbox.ca : http://www.t-i.com/seedbox-reviews/96114-whatbox-ca.html (Google T-I for full link)

Plus the links I posted, you will find other SB providers' reviews too. Do check others out also.

EDIT : Would agree with @xtremevicky too. trackers like IPT, FL, DT, Bwt have heavy traffic. With SB you will achieve super humane ratios over there definitely in 1-2 months, if again points 1,2 and 3.

asingh

Staff member
Super Mod
Jun 13, 2009
New Delhi
How are you guys getting content at home. I am just not able to DL anymore. Forget the ratio thing, will get an SB end of this month, but getting it on my system drive. I am getting like 2-3 kbps on a standard 2 mbps non-FUP'ed line. So bloody pissing off. They have totally capped/throttled it.

crossbow

Mond Mond Ja Ja
Adept
Jul 20, 2009
Hyderabad/Surat
Are you sure you are facing issue while downloading torrents? Or is it general issue?

- If facing such issue, I would recommend use of VPN (paid) If you do not want to get SB. iPredetor and hidemyass are good options. More, you can search online.
- If you are getting SB, One of the best options - SSH Tunnel.

asingh

Staff member
Super Mod
Jun 13, 2009
New Delhi
^^
I can get to the tracker page (except DT -for- which I use Ultrasurf) and download the .torrent. When I mount it on my client it acquires; but no transactional bit movement happens. Up or down. Even with multiple seeds. For like 1-2 hours I get speeds as per 2 mbps; then it just caps to 2-3 kbps. No matter how long I leave the client on. So am being throttled/capped.

crossbow

Mond Mond Ja Ja
Adept
Jul 20, 2009
Hyderabad/Surat
yes it looks like your ISP is capping.

Since you can at least open sites, means .torrent protocol is getting capped in easy language.

check out this tutorial : http://www.DT.com/forums/need-help-10/methods-bypass-isp-block-any-site-380683/ if you can open DT.

Option 1) Check out SSH tunnel.
Option 2) Check out about VPN. two good options. hidemyass and ipredetor. (If you do not want to get SB)

Option 3) You may have to configure proxy settings in your torrent client as well.
http://www.ehow.com/how_5110704_use-proxy-utorrent.html follow this link.

asingh

Staff member
Super Mod
Jun 13, 2009
New Delhi
^^
I guess so. I will be getting a SB soon. But people said it is not recommended transferring content from SB -- > home. So the golden question is "I will never have new DL'ed content to consume, anymore". :(

dinjo

Hell Yeah[Born Critic]
Skilled
Sep 14, 2009
Mumbai
Is your encryption is set to required ? and does it takes a random port everytime tried any other client ?

asingh

Staff member
Super Mod
Jun 13, 2009
New Delhi
^^
I guess so. I will be getting a SB soon. But people said it is not recommended transferring content from SB -- > home. So the golden question is "I will never have new DL'ed content to consume, anymore". :(

Encryption is set to: Outgoing = Enabled ; Allow incoming legacy connections. Port is 6881. It has been this from day one. Just started my client an now it is running full. At around 9 : 00AM they hit the CAP, and at 12 : 00 at night.

sudu846

Disciple
Apr 2, 2009
Bangalore
.com and .ru are down. using BSNL Bangalore connection :(. even it tried with my Open VPN client which has France IP. its not opening. But seeding is happening for the torrents i added to my Seedbox last week. have to check .me today

dexBG

still fishing
Adept
Oct 1, 2009
Wow guys.. very informative thread about Seedboxes .. :)

I'll be setting up one soon too I guess.. seems simple enough ..

I got a 2MBps connection to leech from the SBs :D

raksrules

Elite
Aug 30, 2007
Mumbai
.com and .ru are down. using BSNL Bangalore connection :(. even it tried with my Open VPN client which has France IP. its not opening. But seeding is happening for the torrents i added to my Seedbox last week. have to check .me today

For me too .com and .ru were down yesterday (did not check today). I guess it is may not be India specific since i am in US and still was facing issues.