Anybody excited for 2011 - Year of the RPGs?

hyperknight

Disciple
Title says it all! Both RPGs as well as hack n slashes. Its a great year to be a fan of this genre!

Dragon Age 2 (March 8th)

Witcher 2 (May 17th)

Dungeon Siege 3 (May 31st)

Torchlight 2 (May/Jun 2011)

Diablo 3 (4th qtr 2011 from leaked Blizzard roadmap)

These are the ones that im most excited about. Others are also there, please feel free to add which ones you are looking forward to.

That is one STELLAR lineup for the enxt 10 months. I am going to lose precious hours of my life role playing in front of my screen this summer! :p

Anybody else as excited as me? :eek:hyeah:

EDIT: How could I possibly forget Mass Effect 3?!?!?! Estimated Dec 2011. I have to finish the Commander Shepard Trilogy. :p

Yeah.. Bring it on !! So much to catch up with before March - about to conclude ME2 now. Up next is Witcher. And need to kill the Archdemon in Dragon Age :p

And not to mention Crysis 2 in March. Difficulty of being a multi-genre gamer :p

And when is Oblivion : Skyrim coming ?

Crap !! Need to complete Oblivion as well :ashamed:

Eagerly waiting for Dragin Age/Diablo and Witcher. i hope they live up to the legacy. Torchlight, not so much as its a bit too cartoonish and easy.

Also, I'm going to be keeping an eye out on Darkspore. Cant imagine the possibilities of creating your own weapons/powers by absorbing/infusing other life forms. thats absolutely insane. Diablo meets Spore! o_O

hmm.. I dont think Diablo 3 will come this year. I hope it does, but dont think it will.

Also, whats wrong with the Witcher 2 combat? I heard its vastly changed from the first one. A lot of people complained about that in the original Witcher, but I had no issues.

Awww crap. Yeah seems like it may not come out in 2011. Which means 2012 will have 2 Blizzard titles. D3 + possibly another WoW expansion.

No Blizzard Game Promised for 2011 - PC News at IGN

Also, from what ive heard and seen, the combat in Witcher 2 isn't all that bad. They seem to be trying to go a little bit in the direction of Arkham Asylum from what I can tell in the videos. seems easy to switch attacking one opponent then another, which I find hard to do in Witcher 1. Anyways, i have my fingers crossed for W2. Really hoping that CD Projekt deliver an even better sequel.

Back