Video Any reviews on Teewe?

Buy it without any hesitation. 100% worth it for the price offered. Better than chrome cast. Very good support by the tech team. The app turns your smartphone into a remote and it plays any format flawless.

Avi dont get this crap. For that amount you can get the android stick and have XMBC, full playback of h264 and h265, youtube and plenty other android apps. Check the preliminary review on the group. Im looking for a free remote app for it.

Avi dont get this crap. For that amount you can get the android stick and have XMBC, full playback of h264 and h265, youtube and plenty other android apps. Check the preliminary review on the group. Im looking for a free remote app for it.
what group? :eek:

Seeing all the commotion - i couldn't help but land here on this forum, the thing is , Teewe costs 1999/- and with that you get a multi-platform eco system to enjoy. There is no streaming stick out there that is accessible via all kinds of OS's (except windows phone, because who uses a windows phone - although that app is coming too, phew). You could Play a Whatsapp Video on your Television from your Phone App, at the same time, you could stop that video and play a movie from your Windows laptop. While the movie is playing you could play a Facebook Video from your Macbook, Control the volume and start streaming Pictures on your TV from your iPad. The linux Desktop could be used for playing music onto the television.

The point being, multi platform usability - Offline and Online playback - Lifetime Support - One Year Replacement Warranty - MRP 1999/-

could you really ask for more in that price?

Seeing all the commotion - i couldn't help but land here on this forum, the thing is , Teewe costs 1999/- and with that you get a multi-platform eco system to enjoy. There is no streaming stick out there that is accessible via all kinds of OS's (except windows phone, because who uses a windows phone - although that app is coming too, phew). You could Play a Whatsapp Video on your Television from your Phone App, at the same time, you could stop that video and play a movie from your Windows laptop. While the movie is playing you could play a Facebook Video from your Macbook, Control the volume and start streaming Pictures on your TV from your iPad. The linux Desktop could be used for playing music onto the television.

The point being, multi platform usability - Offline and Online playback - Lifetime Support - One Year Replacement Warranty - MRP 1999/-

Actually yeah. I have a Rs.1800 android stick that plays all formats including x265, most android apps, XMBC, Can be used as a Download rig both http, FTP, and torrents, FTP server, HDMI passthrough for digital audio. With a casting app, that i'm researching for the best one, will be able to do all that your stick does. ;)

Soooo, yeah. Loads more to ask for in that price. Not trying to pull you down, but you guys are Indians. For once, Id like you guys to aim a lot higher. :)

And I use a Windows Phone. And its pretty effing awesome depending on your use.

Actually yeah. I have a Rs.1800 android stick that plays all formats including x265, most android apps, XMBC, Can be used as a Download rig both http, FTP, and torrents, FTP server, HDMI passthrough for digital audio. With a casting app, that i'm researching for the best one, will be able to do all that your stick does. ;)

Soooo, yeah. Loads more to ask for in that price. Not trying to pull you down, but you guys are Indians. For once, Id like you guys to aim a lot higher. :)

And I use a Windows Phone. And its pretty effing awesome depending on your use.

That's amazing - care to name this beautiful piece of Android stick? Also, we have screen mirroring too which i forgot to mention earlier - however the download rig is irrelevant in our case, because our use-case seems much vast than your device. You could download anything from anywhere and Teewe will play it offline for you, fetching a bigger use-case than a "download rig". "Will be able to do all that our stick does" well for starters i'd like to ask if your stick could be accessible/usable from multiple platforms such as Windows Desktop, Macbook, iPhone, iPad, Andoid Devices, or does it have a browser plugin like we have one, so you could cast videos directly from the browser.

About the windows phone - yeah, app coming this month :)

^MK808B Plus. It supports all the things you mention and plus more. For example, it can be used as a download rig or a game emulator. Also, it costs about ₹1600. It is very powerful in every aspect. Check it's HW specs.

Btw other day on reddit India people were accusing you guys for astroturfing. I think guys should post some clarification or something etc. Also, is TeeWe an Indian product or not? I guess, it's not manufactured in India.

So... Any discounts for TE guys :p (and also I was the one who shared the TeeWe news everywhere)

Last edited:

Your app is good for the common person that just wants to stream to the tv what they have on the phone without too much setup.

what i want to know from you is when you will offer a model that does wifi ac ?

your current model is a single stream n150 as are most others in this genre.

with ac and compatible phones close to three times that speed is possible. much faster streaming.

^MK808B. It supports all the things you mention and plus more. For example, it can be used as a download rig or a game emulator. Also, it costs about ₹1600. It is very powerful in every aspect. Check it's HW specs.

Btw other day on reddit India people were accusing you guys for astroturfing. I think guys should post some clarification or something etc. Also, is TeeWe an Indian product or not? I guess, it's not manufactured in India.

So... Any discounts for TE guys :p

Oh yea - the good old MK808B - Have looked into it during the dev phase. we were all advised to make something better than that, and we did.

The biggest surprise is the cost which is given at 3530 here on snapdeal: http://www.snapdeal.com/product/cozyswan-android-mk808b-mini-pc/1419366444
and 5,499 on Naaptol here http://www.naaptol.com/smart-devices/mk808b-android-4-2-2-smart-tv-stick-dm5/p/12318858.html.

If you really have someone who gets it for 1600 - gotta say, please connect us to THAT smuggler too :D

About the manufacturing, Everything from the Apps, to the cardboard box, to the adapter, to the HDMI extender cable is manufactured in India - One thing is manufactured in China and that is the PCB, please note that the PCB is designed in India, & just hard manufactured there. We did try PCB manufacturing in India but that didn't turn out good. iPhones are manufactured in china too but we don't call them chinese!

The reason for such low pricing is because the product assembly labour is right next to me right now here in India :)

Don't know about the Reddit thing, will look into it, thanks

Discounts -- ahh, well lets see, provide a good enough reason :)

Your app is good for the common person that just wants to stream to the tv what they have on the phone without too much setup.

what i want to know from you is when you will offer a model that does wifi ac ?

your current model is a single stream n150 as are most others in this genre.

with ac and compatible phones close to three times that speed is possible. much faster streaming.

The Following is an extract from a Forbes article:

"You may have noticed there has been a six year gap between 802.11n and 802.11ac. This is an eternity in technology terms and the big benefit 802.11ac brings from its time in development is speed.

WiFi is always promoted using ‘theoretical’ speeds and by this standard 802.11ac is capable of 1300 megabits per second (Mbps) which is the equivalent of 162.5 megabytes per second (MBps). This is 3x faster than the typical 450Mbps speed attributed to 802.11n.

The problem is these speeds are garbage. In the real world no-one ever gets close to theoretical speeds and the fastest 802.11ac real world speeds recorded in testing are around 720Mbps (90MBps). By contrast 802.11n tops out at about 240Mbps (30MBps) so the 3x estimate is still true, just much lower.

Our product plays HD & 1080p Videos like a charm, so no need to wifi ac as of now - till entire India gets Supersonic speeds, we are good, and when that happens, we will surely upgrade. As of now whether from the phone, or the Internet - our streaming is seamless.

Oh yea - the good old MK808B - Have looked into it during the dev phase. we were all advised to make something better than that, and we did.

The biggest surprise is the cost which is given at 3530 here on snapdeal: http://www.snapdeal.com/product/cozyswan-android-mk808b-mini-pc/1419366444
and 5,499 on Naaptol here http://www.naaptol.com/smart-devices/mk808b-android-4-2-2-smart-tv-stick-dm5/p/12318858.html.

If you really have someone who gets it for 1600 - gotta say, please connect us to THAT smuggler too :D

About the manufacturing, Everything from the Apps, to the cardboard box, to the adapter, to the HDMI extender cable is manufactured in India - One thing is manufactured in China and that is the PCB, please note that the PCB is designed in India, & just hard manufactured there. We did try PCB manufacturing in India but that didn't turn out good. iPhones are manufactured in china too but we don't call them chinese!

The reason for such low pricing is because the product assembly labour is right next to me right now here in India :)

Don't know about the Reddit thing, will look into it, thanks

Discounts -- ahh, well lets see, provide a good enough reason :)

Its Mk808b PLUS. This is a new version, which is like 4x awesome. For where its available, here you go -> http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_124593.html

Seriously, a bit more research, and a bit less writing off. We're all pretty experienced here, and I've seen you guys since the first post on Bangalore Startups. Its an nice product, but its not exciting enough. I suggest you guys pivot a little and if you need help, feel free to PM me :)

The problem is these speeds are garbage.
Correct

In the real world no-one ever gets close to theoretical speeds and the fastest 802.11ac real world speeds recorded in testing are around 720Mbps (90MBps). By contrast 802.11n tops out at about 240Mbps (30MBps) so the 3x estimate is still true, just much lower.
I'm referring to mobile which is the primary use case for your product. That means we are talking about mobile which is single stream ie N150

n150 tops out at 20-30Mbs and single stream ac will get to about 60-80 Mbs (and that is a little b, not a big B), n300 twice as much and n450 three times as high. So the speeds you mentioned in bold are incorrect, in fact they are wildly off (!)

Your device is a single stream N150 too so its reception speeds will be similar. which is why it does not have a wifi cert. the wifi alliance only issues them to n300 and above with the exception of mobile devices.

A laptop is possible to be triple stream or n450/ac1700. but your device won't handle more than one stream and would not be the best device to use if data requirements are high.

Our product plays HD & 1080p Videos like a charm, so no need to wifi ac as of now - till entire India gets Supersonic speeds, we are good, and when that happens, we will surely upgrade. As of now whether from the phone, or the Internet - our streaming is seamless.
what bitrate videos are these ? youtube, yes

a 30fps movie shot by mobile at ~17Mbs, yes.

How about a 60fps that averages 30Mbs bitrate ? just about but could lag.

any ripped movie which has peak rates exceeding 30mbs which will occur in action scenes. no.

Its not just your product, a lot of streamers are also stuck with this 5 year old tech.

That is why ac is required. And i would like to know when a ac compliant version of your device is planned.

Or another alternative is MHL. There is no lag as the mobile is wired to the tv and the user manages with a remote or even wireless play controller. the control is done wirelessly which is less data heavy and the heavy data lifting is all done by the wire. No transmission lag.

Last edited:
Back