Any one who'c working on PDA's

Sam

Disciple
Well wanted to know what would be the best suited to develope an application on PDA or Pocket PCs. Any comments??

What you are talking about is server side technologies. How would you use those on a PDA? They'd exist on the server which the PDA would access. What you use in that case hardly matters as long as you format the final generated html page properly according to the screen dimensions of the PDA.

well, sorry abt me not being clear. Had that poll to know the better scripting language and wanted to know which is the best language ( not amongs the one's in the poll, but normally.. like .Net or something like that) to develop a Pocket PC application. Hope i managed this time to make it clear... isn't it buddy? well had tried with JSP long before same as u said... but there's lots of limitation with the IE of PDAs. well thanks for ur replies.
peace out....
Sam

.Net provides the framework to make robust enterprise applications for all the devices and platforms you can imagine. what this means for developers is that ,the code for creatingan app for a windows application or a asp.net webpage or a pocket pc and so on ,will all be the same if not similiar just by initially choosing the target .

eg: you may heard of database driven applicaiton for say payrolls,or checking acocunrts...you name it. So if u want to make a app for ur pocket pc that keeps track of the same , u just have to add a new project and use the same code.from a programmers view,it becomes a hell of a lot simpler. which means that you dont have to waste time for implementation but rather can spend more time on business logic and adding more intersting things .

lastly ,Let me tell you this. creating application for the pocket pc/smart phones has never been simpler ,than with the .Net fremework .ease of implementaiton is the key.what ever you can have ona regualr windwos machine ,can be done using the .net sdk .They even have a sdk plugin for developing stylo enabled applicaitons for the tablet PC .

Well just download embedded visual C++ ver 4.0 and use that. Its free, fast and can do whatever you want it to do :). Even 3D stuff works pretty nicely. So simpler things would be rather easy. Its as easy as coding any MFC app.

Back