Any HACKINTOSH users over here????????

EdwardElric

Disciple
Is anyone running MAC OSX on their pc's????if u r,then is it runnin properly???if not,then which all components aren't working????
I'm running OSX 10.4.8 and everything is workin perfectly except for my sound and airport(wifi)...am getting proper video acceleration and proper 64bit performance on it...i was able 2 convert a dvd9 into a dvd5 in just 25mins....it used 2 take around 50-55mins in windows 2 do the same.....and ya the mac experience was extremely awesome:hap2: :clap: much better than the vista experience and safari really rox...the only prob is that u cant mess around with it like u can do with windows..will upload a screenie if any1 wants 2 c my desky...

I installed OSX 10.4.8, it runs perfectly on my laptop as well, except for the sound, got everything else working. Just waiting for the drivers working for my sound.

i tries to install 10.4.8 but after installation . system just hangs at apple logo with circle spinning . tried in verbos mode to see what error i m getting . didnt work though .

cisco_tech said:
i tries to install 10.4.8 but after installation . system just hangs at apple logo with circle spinning . tried in verbos mode to see what error i m getting . didnt work though .

this happend wid me also when i tried 2 install it on my SATA hdd but when i installed it on my IDE hdd,it worked perfectly...

Dark Star said:
^^ Cause mac supports Intel based Pc now.. 1 can install it easily if he/she having a Intel based PC... :) WoW starts from here :p

actually u can install it on an AMD pc,there is a patch available for AMD procies and that patch works fine as i have an AMD PC...the AMD patched image iz available on demonoid....if u wanna check whether ur pc's components are compatible or not then check out this HARDWARE COMPATIBILITY LIST for OSX 10.4.8:-
http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.4.8

btw here is a screenie of my desktop:-

^^ C2D is supported. Check the compatibility list for details.

Well i just installed 10.4.8 successfully, but doesn't boot :( it gets as far as the apple boot logo, there is hdd activity for 20 seconds, and then the display goes blank, and nothing happens :(

I am trying to install on Vmware before I convert my system. But getting error some thing to do with PAE option with windows. did google nothing really came out that explains what to do. for the time being PAUSE.

Glad to hear many of you guys successfully running. waiting for a spare HDD then try.

Back