Any cheap options for US-Indian freight forwarders?

letmein

Skilled
I recently got a package from Aramex Shop and Ship and the total shipping cost came to Rs. 630 for a 0.5 lb. package (since they calculated the rate for 1 pound). Are there any cheaper options? I'm basically looking to purchase some items that are less than 1 lb. in weight and less that $25-$30 in value.

I don't think there is any provider offering better prices for lighter package for an express, track-able service. You can go for normal airmail which should be cheaper, but you will need to forget about tracking, fast delivery etc.

Or you can just combine all the orders into a single purchase (provided they are sourced from the same website) and get it through ICC ShopAbroad

1st lb - 9 USD
2nd lb - 3.5 USD
each additional lb - 4.5 USD

I don't think any provider beats these rates, and US --> Mumbai in 3-4 days always, local shipping from Mumbai by BlueDart.

@varkey

Does ICC have an option where i can ship something to them and they will get it to India ? Not buy from some website and get it shipped directly.

Last edited by a moderator:
varkey anything for 70lbs . ICC still seems expensive with $300 . SNS is out of the roof with $500 shipping quote

- - - Updated - - -

varkey

Does ICC have an option where i can ship something to them and they will get it to India ? Not buy from some website and get it shipped directly.
Yes ICC and SNS both have a option of normal courier services . You have to add the declaration forms of individual returning to India with the time limit /time spent to sort out the duty thing

Ok. I was asking because "just in case" i want to get more stuff from US to India then i am contemplating whether i should buy extra luggage bag (around 50 Lbs) for XX amount the airline charges verses getting that same stuff shipped through some courier. With the charges @kuduku mentioned, paying extra for luggage is viable for me.
At this point i don't need it but if price i right, i would want to buy more stuff before i leave this place.
Airline charges for extra baggage are also not standard so it is difficult to get an exact figure. And i won't know what airline i will be coming in until my last week here.

@raksrules these quotes are what i got from online calc of SNS and online quote of ishopinternational . If you bargain you can get even better quotes

I want to get a laptop from amazon for 550 dollars. How do u guys suggest I get it down here. Any proper services cuz ishop quoted me 8k to get it down here. Any cheaper options ?

@jesal - Out of the 8k, approx 5.5 k is customs duty @ 16.8% and 2.5k for shipping a 8-9 lb package is pretty reasonable IMO.

You think so mate ? See the thing Is I was planning to get the Hp envy 6-1010us. Amd spec envy is not in india at all and plus it costs only 550 so I loved it for the price. So that's 30k and they quoted 39k shipped n landed here. Now i3 envy costs 42k which I don't know is worth it hence the confusion

^ Rs 2500 ~ 45 USD for shipping a 8-9 lb package with a delivery time of 5-7 days is pretty good. Even USPS Priority Mail (not fully trackable, takes 10-15 days, customs hassles etc etc) costs about 60 USD for a similar sized package. Most other providers I have checked charge much much more.

I am not commenting on whether the laptop is a good buy or not, but unless there is someone who can personally bring it from the US, I don't think you will get a better rate.

Who are these new guys ? Ibhejo.com any idea??
Way expensive , they have listed products and are not telling the source of purchase like newegg or Amazon or condition . Like Samsung Infuse easily available for 15k but their prices are 21k . Their prices are for NEW items only so seem high . Have asked them a quote lets see their answer . Online quote Calculator and shipping rate calculator missing like ICC/SNS and they dont have the tab of item price in quote form . So they will only check the link and calculate and send quote . Issue is that if price fluctuates and increases like in cowboom then its a failed exercise as i might not be interested in the higher price . Had not heard of them before , came to know from you only . If they are new how most of their products have customer ratings ?

Back