Antivirus better or equal to Norton....

this is all about preferences. people have had good experiences and bad experiences with all of the name brands for security software. Norton is a good product, and the business line is Symantec. I would read reviews to compare strengths and weaknesses of each product you are considering, but i think you are fine with Norton. good luck!

I have bought kaspersky last year and since then i never had any Virus in my PC, i have 5 yrs old system (AMD Athlon 64, DDR 1 RAM) and did not see any performance issue due to Kaspersky.

Microsoft Security Essentials, period. Been using it since it was introduced and had no problems whatsoever. To put it in perspective, using it on 6 desktops, with 6 different users, 4 not very tech savvy (kind of people who aren't aware much about threats on Internet).

Me to for M-E-S, works like magic and even nortion on it is like sone pe suhaaga.

;)

@ op see if u r not into user like one visiting wizard , p*** , or any other sites which offenly is in news for geeting hacked .

stick to m-e-s, and default fire wall.

or just buy any upper hand / top edition of antivirus though its never help much, just satisfy u ;)

AND PLZ DON'T BUY QUICK HEAL :mad:

RESOURCE HOG + CREAP + 100 mb update files :O

ONLY IT's native boot scan is what like :) - personal opinion .

eset to great but beta 5 have some bug's around still good as with small updates big security u have :D

microsoft really does a good work with its AV.
and who better to protect your OS then your OS developer

if you are a person that hates all microsoft products apart from windows then you can go for avast or avira

and why pay when you can get same protection for free.

Kaspersky internet securty 2012..using KIS from 4 years, formatted my pc twice only, that too while upgrading to windows 7 and changed hdd. Its really a perfect security suite at best price point, firewall is damn good.

Back