Another suggest me a good phone thread 10-12k

Deepak

Skilled
Hey fellas

Well thanks to some generoisity by my Dad, I can now buy any cell I like within 10-12k margin...yipeee :clap:

Ok so obviously my eye was on the Nokia 6233 (costs 8300 now), but then I saw that Moto Ming is for 12.3k something.

Now here are the list of phones that I know off and don't want.

Moto everyphone in this range except maybe Ming a.k.a A1200

SE everyphone in this range

What I need out of the phone

Music Playback

Good Screen

Nice/Decent Camera

Video recording at atleast QVGA (thats why I kicked Sony and Moto)

N73 is out of the question.

So now my questions :

1. Any phones besides the Nokia 6233 that satisfy this need, I am pretty sure that some other Nokia phones have VGA video recording in this range, just not sure of their model no.s (Nokia has way way too many phones out)

2. Does Nokia 5700 have Q/VGA Recording, if so is it 15fps or 30fps, its availabe for 12.1k something.

3. Any phone with VGA recording with FLASH, the biggest disadvantage I see in Nokia 6233 is that it has NO flash, is there a phone with a 2MP camera with Flash as well as Q/VGA recording within 12k?

4. Regarding the Moto Ming A1200, it doesnt have QVGA vidoe recording afaik, but how is the phone, I have never had a keypad less phone before (rite now I have the Ngage QD, before that it was 2100). Is the phone worth it?

5. Does Nokia 6233 come bundled with a Memory Card, the AD41 connector (to plug in the EP630's) or do I have to get it seperately and if so whats teh cost of the same. Also mention the costs of 1 anf 2 GB microSD cards if anyone knows their price.

Thats all I can think of to ask right now, if I get a brainwave later, will post in the thread.

Now fire away :eek:hyeah:

Cheers

Deepak

i opted for Nokia 6270 as i had my limitations and my requirements were mch like urs..

i got

- Flash .. Good Feature to have

- 1 GB MSD Card Free .. End to memory pangs and woes

- Music Playback .. though no mp4 music files supported

- 2 MP CAM .. though its not the same wen compared wid SE fones ( we all kno SE cam >> Nokia Cam .. cept wen u reach N series)

- 3 D Sound effect .. that matters wen u got no earphones or wen fone rings

- Style factor .. i thot slider is still stylish than the 'reg' candy bar form factor

Overall a good fone upgrade from a basic fone .. though i mst say .. Its considered Old now and has a slow processor .. bt fine wid me ... not too mch of a hassle..

Nokia 6280 is mch same fone and better according to many users.. i found it a tch sissy ... :p

Priced at 13k wen i bought it in Feb .. so shd be down to ur range by now IF its in the mkt ..

But u shd consider SE w810i .. or w 710i ..

w710i is a very good fone for its price .. as i have it in the house and it is real good ..

Best Of luck n Happy Buying .. :)

W810i fits perfectly in your budget. Go for it if you can dude. How much is it in delhi? Maybe you can get it cheaper when you come here..

W810 is 12k i think, not sure if its with or without speakers.

To all those who suggested w810, guys I need something which can do VGA recording, camera quality doesnt matter a lot.

In simple terms I want something which can offer features of Nokia 6233 with FLASH. And thus Sony / Moto are out, all they have is crappy QCIF vid. recording.

5700 has QVGA recording and has flash, but its 4k more then 6233 and I dont wanna spend unnecessary cash which it seems like if I were to buy a 5700.

Also on a side note, if anyone has a Moto Ming, can they temme how is the typing, as in the alphabets, especially for someone with big hands, without a stylus?

Also, some one temme, what are the accessories bundled with Nokia 5700 and Nokia 6233

W810i fits perfectly in your budget. Go for it if you can dude.

Well, the W810 does not support qvga video capture.... only 176x144 res videos.. n tht is one of his needs..

Does Nokia 6233 come bundled with a Memory Card, the AD41 connector (to plug in the EP630's) or do I have to get it seperately and if so whats teh cost of the same. Also mention the costs of 1 anf 2 GB microSD cards if anyone knows their price.

It comes bundled with a 64mb card..:p

AD41 doesnt work with 6233....only works with symbian nokia phones...i've tried it already. You'll have to buy AD49 which is a barebones remote with only a call recieve/disconnect button..it doesnt even have a volume rocker..:no: U'll have to use the phone volume rocker buttons which is a big irritant when u are on a bike or have ur hands busy... Although u can use any 3.5mm earphones with it, including ep630..

I bought the Ad49 for 300 bucks. N AFAIR, i had bought the kingston 1 gb Micro SD for 650 bucks from alfa, vile parle, mumbai about 2 months back..

Edit : you'll have to buy the datacable separately as well if u buy the 6233..;)

5700 has QVGA recording and has flash, but its 4k more then 6233 and I dont wanna spend unnecessary cash which it seems like if I were to buy a 5700.

U r missing one thing though...the 5700 is symbian...;) the 6233 is S40....so 5700 definitely has an edge over the 6233...;)

Hey, thanks for clearing that up. :)

Few more queries :bleh:

a. can u temme the read and and write speeds of that memory card. Run HDtune on it after plugging into a card reader.

b. do you kno of any phone similar to 6233 but with flash?

c. any idea of accessories bundled with d Nokia 5700?

d. how much does the datacable cost? you mean the cable thats used to connect to the PC na...they dont even supply that with it?

Any one know when the 5700 price is gonna drop :eek:hyeah:

a. can u temme the read and and write speeds of that memory card. Run HDtune on it after plugging into a card reader.

Cant do it anymore..i've moved on to the P990i now...:p Sold the 6233 about a month back when i bought the p990i...I had the 6233 for a month or so..:p But i was pretty impressed by its speakers, display, usability etc. :)

b. do you kno of any phone similar to 6233 but with flash?

Only thing tht comes to mind is the k750i...:p but it doesnt have vga video recording..:no:

The 5700 is good for qvga video recording...n so is N70...but of the 2, the 5700 is the obvious choice..;)

c. any idea of accessories bundled with d Nokia 5700?

You get the handsfree, ad41(white), datacable n a memcard...not sure if its 512mb or 1gb...maybe Mr. Rite can help u with the details..;) He has bought the phone.

how much does the datacable cost? you mean the cable thats used to connect to the PC na...they dont even supply that with it?

the 6233 doesnt come bundled with the datacable..u have to purchase it for an additional 250 bucks.

Any one know when the 5700 price is gonna drop

The price has already come down to around 12.5k or so.. I dont see it getting lower than 12k anytime soon...;)

^^ Hey thanks m8, really appreciate it.

So choices down to : Nokia 6233 which costs

Handset : 8300

Mem Card : 650

Data Cable : 250

AD49 : 350

total : 9550

and the

5700 with

Handset + mem card (if its 1 Giger) + AD41 + Datacable : 12.3k

The 5700 now looks more tempting with better remote controls in AD41 + flash + symbian + good looks

A few questions regarding the 5700 then :

1. Do the headphones, which are in nearly every image of 5700 one sees come bundled with the phone Nokia 5700 pictures, official photos

2. How is the loudpeaker sound, as in compared to the 2 speakers of 6233, some comparision on youtube maybe?

3. Is it 1GB card or 512MB card?

4. how does the phone look in black compared to Red?

5. Most imp of all, how is the video recording, since its only QVGA compared to the VGA of the 6233, does it look as cool? Oh and is it 15fps only or more?

1. No..u get normal earphones with it. Afaik, the one in the pic is a bluetooth headset(which u have to buy separately) as this phone supports a2dp..

2. the loudspeakers are not as good as 6233 n the N73..but still better than most other phones in this range.

3. Mr. Rite.......:p

4. Looks are subjective...but if i were u, i wud go for the black n white...:p

5. Yes, its 15fps at qvga...good enuf for utube uploads..:p Plus it has flash..the 6233 does vga at 15 fps...but it lacks flash.

since you're own cash flow is gonna start soon, i recommend that you keep that cash for now , and wait till that also starts, then you can buy something a whole lot better :hap2:

i got 8k from me dad last year , and bought a fone that was Okayish... after first salary, everyone started buying N series and W810's (remember this is last year ) and i was stuck with a new , but lesser phone :(

so Just asking you to think about stuff in the long range ;)

But I wanna get a half decent PC with my accumulated salaries :sob: :sob:

Sigh, you are right though, a few months down the line I can always get something I want without thinking too much about the cash. Guess gonna go with the 6233 Black then. Lets see, gonna get it next month beginning, maybe the prices will drop then...

the good thing is that your next bout of upgraditis will be sooner ... :D

about the PC bit , well, I've been wanting to buy a PC for so long, but in between all the price wars and new chipset releases, I've accumulated enough cash to buy two, but am still waiting :rofl: maybe after 22nd , or maybe after sep :S

Deepak said:
1. Do the headphones, which are in nearly every image of 5700 one sees come bundled with the phone Nokia 5700 pictures, official photos
2. How is the loudpeaker sound, as in compared to the 2 speakers of 6233, some comparision on youtube maybe?
3. Is it 1GB card or 512MB card?
4. how does the phone look in black compared to Red?
5. Most imp of all, how is the video recording, since its only QVGA compared to the VGA of the 6233, does it look as cool? Oh and is it 15fps only or more?
1. nope, those are bluetooth headphones i think. you get normal hs-44 earphones with ad-44 adaptor (you can plug in your own headphones :D).
2. the loudspeaker i found to be a bit better than compared to n73 but not as loud as n73.
3. 512mb. i got a sandisk 2gb micro sd for 1600.
4. i took the black one. :D
5. the video recording is quite nice.
the phone has great music quality and has a great screen too. it has a faster interface (os 9.2) overall its a very good phone to buy and im very happy with it. :D
if you can do with the rotating mechanism and can spend that much, id say it is a very good buy. :)
otherwise the 6233 is also a nice phone for the price. :)

^^ but then, if u compare the n70 n the 5700...the latter seems to be the obvious choice...its faster..has a similar or better cam, better screen and better music features. its available for 12.4k...almost the same price as the n70me...;)

Hmmm, aka911, can you post the read and write speeds of the card.

And maybe send me a video recording you made from the phone, PM'in you my email id

Back