Android vs Windows 7.5 vs BADA 2.0 under 15k

power_8383

Disciple
[font=courier new,courier,monospace]Please keep the following things in mind before suggesting the mobile [/font]
  • [font=courier new,courier,monospace]I will be upgrading to this new mobile from Nokia N73.[/font]
  • [font=courier new,courier,monospace]I am not going to install hundreds of apps or games in the phone.[/font]
  • [font=courier new,courier,monospace]I am going to use this mobile mainly for camera and internet browsing.[/font]
  • [font=courier new,courier,monospace]The phone should have a good battery backup.[/font]

1. Q: Budget?

A: 15k at max (Already increased my budget by Rs. 3,000 so please don't suggest me to increase the budget.)

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor

A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?

A: any screen will do but should be with gorilla glass.

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

A: Nokia, Samsung, Sony Ericsson

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?

A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

A: Atleast a 5MP camera with flash.

7. Q: Preferred operating system?

A: This is what confusing me.

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options?

A: 3G, WiFi

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone ?

A: Camera and internet.

10. Q: Any other requirements?

A: Large screen, Lightweight, good battery backup and good camera.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
  1. Wave 3
  2. Dell Venue
  3. Omnia W
  4. HTC Golf/wildfire C

I am ready to wait till June end.

I got an Omnia W a couple of weeks ago, and so far I'm absolutely loving it. Here's what I like and dislike about it from a usability point of view (rather than a specifications point of view)

+'s

- Gorgeous screen

- fluid OS

- Excellent touch experience

- App experience for available apps is very good (Times of India, Weave, Bookmyshow etc )

- Very well built

- Camera Flash is very good

-'s

- No 3g data counter app (have to check vodafones site which does give me my usage details)

- Zune does not install on anything below XP SP3 (major con for me, as I have SP2)

- the Camera itself could've been slightly better. Not to say its bad, but not top notch either.

Others:

- Battery lasts about a day and a half with moderate 3g/wifi and gaming usage

- Restrictions like bluetooth file sharing and non mass usb storage might be an issue for some

- Marketplace is growing by the day, but i still miss some apps like ICICI, Bus/Train tracker that I use on my Itouch.

Havent yet used the earphones for any music/radio, so cannot comment on it yet.

Looking at your requirements, if you are ok with the cons above, you should definitely go for the Omnia W.

I would suggest that you stay away from the Wave 3, coz though the screen and hardware is excellent, i have my doubts about the Bada OS.

I got an Omnia W a couple of weeks ago, and so far I'm absolutely loving it. Here's what I like and dislike about it from a usability point of view (rather than a specifications point of view)

+'s

- Gorgeous screen

- fluid OS

- Excellent touch experience

- App experience for available apps is very good (Times of India, Weave, Bookmyshow etc )

- Very well built

- Camera Flash is very good

-'s

- No 3g data counter app (have to check vodafones site which does give me my usage details)

- Zune does not install on anything below XP SP3 (major con for me, as I have SP2)

- the Camera itself could've been slightly better. Not to say its bad, but not top notch either.

Others:

- Battery lasts about a day and a half with moderate 3g/wifi and gaming usage

- Restrictions like bluetooth file sharing and non mass usb storage might be an issue for some

- Marketplace is growing by the day, but i still miss some apps like ICICI, Bus/Train tracker that I use on my Itouch.

Havent yet used the earphones for any music/radio, so cannot comment on it yet.

Looking at your requirements, if you are ok with the cons above, you should definitely go for the Omnia W.

I would suggest that you stay away from the Wave 3, coz though the screen and hardware is excellent, i have my doubts about the Bada OS.

Thanks for the review.

it may sound as if i am anti wp7, but there are serious drawbacks to it. Also look at nokia stock price. $2 is the very dangerous level. meaning the company may not be around for long if that happens.

Back