Android phone under 15K ?

Cloud-S

Adept
My original budget was 10K, and 15K is the MAX I can extend.
Below are my requirements.

Android
5MP or more camera
High res. Screen
Should not be laggy, maybe 1Ghz or more processor
Should not be out-dated

OPTIONAL
Some external navigation source like button, trackpad etc

Brand I do not prefer - Spice, Micromax

^^ For starters, Screen Resolution. Ace has 320 x 480 while Defy has 480 x 854, and trust me, thats a Huge difference. Whether you are watching videos, playing games, or surfing web...a low resolution screen does hamper your experience, specially when its a main requirement for the OP.

Another -ve point is Video recording. Defy has VGA (640 x 480) @ 30 FPS {even 720P (1280 x 720) @ 30FPS with newer ROM's } while Ace has Qvga (320 x 240 ) @ just 15FPS.

Ace seems to be a good phone for people who likes android and wants to use it for basic functions/songs/videos with occasional gaming. Like the systembuilder said, the screen does hamper the experience. Comparing ace with defy, you get the most bang for the buck with defy considering it has better hardware. Of course for 10k to 12k, Ace would be a best buy. But for 15k, buying defy is better as it has better user experience than the ace.

navino87 said:
^^ why being soo rude on ace?? My brother has got ace and he seams 2 be happy with it..

dude, your bro like ace cause he loves his phone.

just compare ace with defy as they are of same price tag, google dude...

im not the one using your phone, we guys at TE are suggesting(helping) cause defy kill ace in most area and have more customization...

even if you prefer for ace, go for it...

I had seen HTC Google Nexus One for 13999/- on Deal and you a few days ago. Check if its still available. If it is, it would be the best deal i think. Coz it has all pro features like 25k phones.
But then I dunno why it was being sold for just 14k.

Bought my Moto Defy from Croma in Ahmedabad. People who foul mouth the Moto Defy should be clobbered with the very phone and then they will know how sturdy the defy is ! Go for the Moto Defy - the best android phone within 15k.

@MenTaLLyMenTaL: Unfortunately Nexus One is worth that price or even less. At the time of its release, it was considered as the benchmark that should be followed. But in time, it has been taken over by newer processors. Also another reason is that there are lots of inexpensive phones (Huawei/Spice/Acer) that has flooded the market with 2nd generation scorpion processor that runs at 800 MHz (Actually capable of running upto 1.8 GHz. See Desire Z) or 1 Ghz with Adrenos 205 gpu. Also the popular Galaxy S and the successor of N1 (Nexus S) model with its Hummingbird processor and PowerVr SGX 540 gpu is priced at 19k. Nexus 1 is already behind. But I absolutely loved my Nexus 1 and still keep it as I loved that thing to death. It was also my first android smartphone.

I think either the mobile person did not know what is going on or is trying to turn you to other model. Because I have heard someone mention here that there is less markup on Motorola phones, so the store is not able to make any profits. I do not know if it is true, but starting to think maybe it is.

My personal favorite is Samsung Galaxy Ace... HTC has slashed down the price of Salsa by approx 10k.. you can give it a thought.. I have recently gotten into blogging and have filtered 3 Android phones between 13-15k.. the specs might help you..

Guys/ Android veterans,

With HTC Salsa with Sense 2.1 and GB onboard, now revised to 15.1k (further 1k off, without LB coupons) please suggest if this could be preferred over Defy. The price now makes very much sense.

Also there seems to be some confusion among the SOC of Salsa. GSMArena states "Adreno 205 GPU, Qualcomm MSM 7227 chipset", however i found some folks stating 205 is not compatible rwith 7227. Do clarify.

This would be my first droid and i wont be doing much tinkering/modding with it.

Thanks in advance.

Abhishek.

Back