Android phone under 13k (for my sister)

messi4lyf

Disciple
1. Q: Budget?
A: 8-13K

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: ANY

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Sony> Samsung>LG? (prefer peace of mind :p)
No to Chinese (Micromax,Karbonn etc).

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Yes, flash

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android ICS (will be happy if upgradable to JB :p )

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: Wifi/3G/Edge

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Internet, light gaming, e-mail, camera, music.

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: good battery life, removable battery (better than non removable ones, don't know :O), minimum 3.5" screen.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Xperia Miro, Samsung S Duos, Huawei G300(if they have proper service). Always prefer warranty

Hope TE will help me.. TE helped me in choosing LG Optimus One P500 and am so happy with that :)
TIA

If sony is your choice I would suggest the Xperia U ~ 12k or the Xperia Sola ~ 13.4k

Sony Xperia U Price in India, Buy Sony Xperia U, Reviews & Features, Sony Mobiles India - Infibeam.com Effecitive price ~ 11.7k. Use coupon code mangopeople to get 10% cashback (wallet)

Sony Xperia Sola Best Price in India 2013, Specifications & Review ~ 13.4k

If the limited storage of the Xperia U would suffice then that would a excellent option for a woman. (especially the one with the pink cap)

Thanks for your quick reply. :)
I don't know the condition of Sony in the market. I assume it to be good bcoz I don't have faith in Samsung Galaxy models under 15k.
My sis would like a phone with memory card. I heard in xperia u, only 4gb is user available and the build quality is cheap hence the low price tag.
Sola has a non removable battery, right? Will that be any issue?
Apart from flipkart, are those websites reliable?

TIA

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

Thanks for your quick reply. :)
I don't know the condition of Sony in the market. I assume it to be good bcoz I don't have faith in Samsung Galaxy models under 15k.
My sis would like a phone with memory card. I heard in xperia u, only 4gb is user available and the build quality is cheap hence the low price tag.
Sola has a non removable battery, right? Will that be any issue?
Apart from flipkart, are those websites reliable?

TIA
Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

Then the Sola is a pretty good choice. Non-removable battery is not a issue at least in the first couple of years. If you wanted to replace battery then you would have to take it to the service center and pay them for the replacement and also pay high for the MRP priced battery.

Have personally purchased from infibeam and HS18. They are pretty good. Ship on time and well packed. No personal experience with saholic but reviews are that they are also pretty decent.

The best option in Sasung close to your budget is the Galaxy S advance ~ 15.5k. It has the same processor+GPU as sola. But has a larger SAMOLED screen, more RAM and a promised JB update. Initial units had some n/w issues. But seems to have been resolved. Do dig around a bit in this regard for further information.

Then the Sola is a pretty good choice. Non-removable battery is not a issue at least in the first couple of years. If you wanted to replace battery then you would have to take it to the service center and pay them for the replacement and also pay high for the MRP priced battery.

Have personally purchased from infibeam and HS18. They are pretty good. Ship on time and well packed. No personal experience with saholic but reviews are that they are also pretty decent.

The best option in Sasung close to your budget is the Galaxy S advance ~ 15.5k. It has the same processor+GPU as sola. But has a larger SAMOLED screen, more RAM and a promised JB update. Initial units had some n/w issues. But seems to have been resolved. Do dig around a bit in this regard for further information.

Galaxy S advance is a little bit older phone, right?
How about Sony service?

Sent from my LG-P690 using Tapatalk

Exactly how does a phone being 'old' is relevant if you are getting a piece of h/w which ll ensure smooth running of the OS/Apps and is guaranteed to have good dev support as well.. that is a bigger question. More so when the budget is tight.

Even S3 is now being termed as old generation in the wake of upcoming phones.

Exactly how does a phone being 'old' is relevant if you are getting a piece of h/w which ll ensure smooth running of the OS/Apps and is guaranteed to have good dev support as well.. that is a bigger question. More so when the budget is tight.

Even S3 is now being termed as old generation in the wake of upcoming phones.

If the phone was for me, I would have purchased it. But it's for my sis. I don't think she will be interested in custom Roms and all
:confused: I went through gsm arena for sgs advance.... lots of people are complaining abt network issues..

As no one is recommending xperia miro and galaxy s duos,I assume it will be a strict NO. Is xperia Miro a flop model? Considering her usage, I think Miro is enough.. not able to decide :banghead:

If the phone was for me, I would have purchased it. But it's for my sis. I don't think she will be interested in custom Roms and all
:confused: I went through gsm arena for sgs advance.... lots of people are complaining abt network issues..

Ask about the reports here/other forums regarding S Advance. Havent really seen too many issues being reported for it, plus I really dont see any other good phone in that budget.
You can always upgrade the ROMs for your sis and it should be fine with updates.

Back