Android Phone: 12K Budget

vaibhavyagnik

youtube.com/vaibhavyagnik
Adept
Questions:-

1. Q: Budget?

A: 12K

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?

A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?

A: any, 16M colors preferred

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

A: No preferences

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?

A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

A: 5MP, Flash not required, HD video recording preferred

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).

A: Android

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).

A: 3G.

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?

A: mails, internet, games

10. Q: Any other requirements?

A: Nothing in particular

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.

A: No

Get the Defy plus if you can extend your budget to 13.5-14K
If you can give up on the HD video recording, live with a weaker processor and lower resolution screen.. Galaxy Ace (only if you can get it for 10K or so)
There are many phones in the range of 8-11K but few have a 5MP camera.

If you can settle for a 3.2MP cam, get the HTC EXPLORER (Processor is better than the Galaxy Ace)

Karbonn A9 doesn't have HD recording..Its records 3gp format..It plays 720p videos with bit lag but u need other player from market.

If ur budget is 12k max then go for xperia mini which have HD recording and 5mp with flash..But its a querty .The only con is very low talk time around 4hrs i think..Or better wait for good one..

Gonna review spice and will tell u soon...:)

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

Check this out

Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini ST15i: Price in India, Reviews, Specification: Flipkart.com

Its better you wait for few more days for spice steller horizon review...

I think this is the best deal you can get, and recording HD from Phone I recommend you to get a camera to be more practical. People who bought from the dealer are way too happy. I'm also planning for the same but after 1-2 months. Best of luck to you though.

I trust the dealer as maintaining 99.8% rating with over 7500 deals is no joke. You can practically hold an ebay dealer at ransom for a negative rating if anything goes bad :D .

Spice steller horizon seems good with specs.It has 1ghz dual core processor.I suggest you to wait till it comes to market.Spice horizon will hit the market by the end of this month..

Patience is the key:)

Mate I well recommend you to go with Dell venue, and defy plus, Because they are the best android coming under 13.5k. if you go with this mobile you will never regret it later. my friend is using Dell venue for the last 5 months and he is very happy with that mobile performance.

Hope this help.

Cheers.

Dell Venue is not so good now, it does have good hardware but there's no support from dell regarding Android 2.3 gingerbread update, leave alone ICS, Xperia Pro got an ICS update from SE and has a huge support from XDA with a lot of choices on custom ROMs too.

If you don't need a hardware keyboard then get a Defy+, it's made to last > 3years provided you don't loose it.

Skip the new Spice and Karbon megaphones :D , they sure are good and enticing BUT no or very less developer support for now.

SE Xperia Pro and Defy+ are pub favorite so a lot of help is available if you run into some minor problems/glitches.

i crave more for an out-of-the-box experience. if the stock performance is good then i will not bother for custom roms. heck i am repenting due to custom roms. Got my galaxy 3 bricked trying to revert from CM7 to stock due to bugs present. No matter how much we try, custom roms will be more buggy than stock roms.
Spice Mi425 is really tempting. also i have a 5% max 1000 discount coupon for ebay

i crave more for an out-of-the-box experience. if the stock performance is good then i will not bother for custom roms. heck i am repenting due to custom roms. Got my galaxy 3 bricked trying to revert from CM7 to stock due to bugs present. No matter how much we try, custom roms will be more buggy than stock roms.
Spice Mi425 is really tempting. also i have a 5% max 1000 discount coupon for ebay

If you're buying the Spice, you can get it for ~Rs.8500.

HomeShop18 - Online Shopping India

But hurry before the offer expires.
And check if they're delivering to your address. I was about to order it, but they aren't delivering this item to Pune.

so the spice MI425 at 8309 from homeshop18.com after gift coupon and Karbonn a9 from ebay at 8,882 from ebay after 5% discount coupon. Spice Mi425 is really tempting at that point. only thing holding me back is the screen colors of Mi425, they seem to be significantly washed out compared to karbonn A9.
Edit: Watched the iGyaan review of spice and colors appeared pretty bland or with a bluish tinge. one more thing that struck me is igyaan says but does not confirm ICS for Karbonn A9

Back