Android Music phone for ~ Rs 15000

zoheb6007

Disciple
Hii,

I need to buy a smartphone which has great music playback. I heard Sony are good in music phones. Can anyone recommend me some?

I don't need Micromax and similar type of phones.

Requirements:
- Great Music
- Good video playback
- Should not look cheap

There are few phones that are great but looks cheap.

Thanks,
zsyco

Thanks for your responses.... How about HTC? ,,, I heard the beats audio is good for music.

Do Sony still manufactures Walkman series in smartphones?

^^ Need to combine it with effective head-phones and I am not talking of the ones that are boxed with the handset by default. This is not saying that other OEM earphones are any better.

Since SONY bought out Ericsson in Sony Ericsson all phones carry WALKMAN as a music application with the full functionality associated with the same. There are no WALKMAN phones per-say on the market any more but the requisite application into all the XPERIA phones. Although actual sound quality is highly dependent on the SoC.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Thanks for your responses.... How about HTC? ,,, I heard the beats audio is good for music.

Do Sony still manufactures Walkman series in smartphones?

Walkman is the default Music Playback App.

HTC's Beats Audio has been ported onto other brands phone. My sola too has it. Similarly, Sony's tech like XLoud, ClearPhase are available on HTC too. Just check out XDA once.

If you want the most talented musician, get a Galaxy S/Nexus S/Captivate/Vibrant! The original Galaxy line up(and the Nexus S) features the wolfson DAC which is widely considered by the audiophile community as one of the best sound chips to have ever braced portable devices! Head to head-fi to find testament to my statement.
Since I've given you most of the variants(if not all) of Galaxy S, you may find one which looks good to your eye.. :) Super AMOLED's will give you a good video playback experience and although the chipset sports a single core processor, it plays 720p videos like a champ! I don't think it is wise to play 1080p videos on a phone anyway.
Hope this helps!

Oh! Really, tell me how?
At a resolution of 320 x 480 pixels, the screen offers an abysmal 165 ppi..now if you want that resolution on your 15k phone be my guest..but id atleast pick a phone with atleast 480x800 res at that budget..

Oh! Really, tell me how?
because for 15k id rather have at least wvga resolution on my phone...xperia go offers 320 x 480 pixel screen that equates into a measly pixel density of 165 ppi..

because for 15k id rather have at least wvga resolution on my phone...xperia go offers 320 x 480 pixel screen that equates into a measly pixel density of 165 ppi..

Hawww! How can you live with such low ppi I say. Truly disgraceful.

The fact that it will get a bump to Jelly Bean and has a much better shooter on it vis-á-vis all the MicroMax, SAMSUNG offerings in that price range is nothing to scoff about.

Hawww! How can you live with such low ppi I say. Truly disgraceful.

The fact that it will get a bump to Jelly Bean and has a much better shooter on it vis-á-vis all the MicroMax, SAMSUNG offerings in that price range is nothing to scoff about.
That depends on you..id anyday choose a better screen over a better camera and JB..never mentioned micromax anywhere so dont know where u picked up that from..besides there are many options to choose within sony around the same price (neo l, sola) if you have a problem with samsung or any other brand

That depends on you..id anyday choose a better screen over a better camera and JB..never mentioned micromax anywhere so dont know where u picked up that from..besides there are many options to choose within sony around the same price (neo l, sola) if you have a problem with samsung or any other brand

Sola is not getting Jelly Bean bump. Neither are the Neo OR U.

And if you think the screen is so poor, just stare at a iPhone 3GS. The screen is just like that on the XPERIA go. I own one, the hardware itself is sound.

Sola is not getting Jelly Bean bump. Neither are the Neo OR U.

And if you think the screen is so poor, just stare at a iPhone 3GS. The screen is just like that on the XPERIA go. I own one, the hardware itself is sound.

Unless one wants a rugged phone the Go doesnt make much sense over a Sola at that price point. For a regular user the Sola is a better choice.

The Sola has the same SoC and RAM as the Go. Strange that Sony doesnt have it in their official JB list. But probably it will end up getting a decent JB ROM from xda if it doesnt have one already.

The Sola has the same SoC and RAM as the Go. Strange that Sony doesnt have it in their official JB list. But probably it will end up getting a decent JB ROM from xda if it doesnt have one already.

They are citing RAM management issues thanks to the higher WVGA resolution on the XPERIA Sola and U. Even the anaemic J is getting a bump to Jelly Bean.

And trust me, you got to use the go to realize its potential, the high ppi issue does not rear its head unless you browse on your phone continually.

They are citing RAM management issues thanks to the higher WVGA resolution on the XPERIA Sola and U. Even the anaemic J is getting a bump to Jelly Bean.

And trust me, you got to use the go to realize its potential, the high ppi issue does not rear its head unless you browse on your phone continually.

If thats the case then even the J has a FWVGA screen! A 3.7" FWVGA screen and 3.5" HVGA screen has almost the same screen real estate.

But wouldn't suggest Go over sola considering the resolution. WVGA is minimum at that price point. It does have a difference in videos too. 265 ppi vs 165 ppi is too large a difference to ignore for a regular user IMO.

But wouldn't suggest Go over sola considering the resolution. WVGA is minimum at that price point. It does have a difference in videos too. 265 ppi vs 165 ppi is too large a difference to ignore for a regular user IMO.

^^ Really the slightly smaller screen make up for it. The video difference is not Earth-shattering, the BRAVIA engine rounds out those issues well.

^^ Really the slightly smaller screen make up for it. The video difference is not Earth-shattering, the BRAVIA engine rounds out those issues well.
I dont understand why you're defending the Go so much. Cmon its 2013.. WVGA is the bare minimum now... ya go's display might be good but so is Symbian and still no one buys it..point is when there's something better available why go for the inferior option

- - - Updated - - -

I dont understand why you're defending the Go so much. Cmon its 2013.. WVGA is the bare minimum now... ya go's display might be good but so is Symbian and still no one buys it..point is when there's something better available why go for the inferior option

I dont understand why you're defending the Go so much. Cmon its 2013.. WVGA is the bare minimum now... ya go's display might be good but so is Symbian and still no one buys it..point is when there's something better available why go for the inferior option.

Well mainly because I hear a lot of people calling the go a sub-standard phone by just seeing the screen resolution.

The hardware apart from the screen is sound and it is getting decent support on XDA and even better officially thanks to the sub-standard screen.

Also, to certain people the screen may come across as pixelated but please note that the ppi levels are the same as the iPhone 3G / 3GS which no-one has had a problem with and can play 720p content just fine.

Back