Android Mobile Phone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
hunt3r said:
Its a Galaxy 3 with a QWERTY keyboard. Good for those who text/mail a lot. Else Optimus P500 is still way better on specs

they seem to have upgraded it to froyo to counter optimus one.

Yep it has froyo. Tho I thought Galaxy 3 had also got its Froyo update? If not it should be getting it soon as its out in the UK already

I finally got my Acer Liquid E Ferrari Edition replaced, the new froyo 2.2 update is really good.

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up on some of the apps i installed, though i am sure most of you already know this.

1. Applanet -Looks exactly like the market, but everything is free.)
2. AndTorrent -You can download torrent directly to your mobile, one of the best apps for me. Just download the torrent file and open em up with AndTorrent. since i have a 16gb SD card, i find this software really useful.

3. Rockplayer- Probably the best Software decoding app around and supports a shit load of formats. For all yer video needs

4. FancyWidget -Beats Beautiful widget anyday with that one "Hero" Clock and weather style.

5. Extended Control Plus -Has a lot of options to put in your homescreen.
6. Launcher Pro -Best launcher in the market right now.
7. Handcent SMS -To replace the default sms app, in the new update they also added a widget which looks great on the homescreen.

And thats it, if you guys find any other nice apps or widget, keep me informed.

Striker10 said:
Yes! thanks to Froyo 2.2 :)

I'm also going to buy the O1 :D
Just came home with my new LG p500. Do we need to root for installing apps on memory card. I am new to android so don't know much about it.

Since you are new to the android, it'd be better if you do not root and get used to the basics first.

And no, you do not need to root to install apps on the SD Card.

You just need to attach your mobile to the computer, turn on USB storage and simply copy the .apk files to SD Card. Then install a file manager app like Astro from Market and install the. Apk files with it.

Smith_shah said:
Since you are new to the android, it'd be better if you do not root and get used to the basics first.

And no, you do not need to root to install apps on the SD Card.

You just need to attach your mobile to the computer, turn on USB storage and simply copy the .apk files to SD Card. Then install a file manager app like Astro from Market and install the. Apk files with it.
Thanks....Any links where I can get some cool clock widgets, etc....??

Read my post in this page, i posted some apps and stuff you can get.

Download applanet (google it)
get Fancy widget from it, also beautiful widgets

Guys I need your help. I have a vodafone sim & I was able to use the internet yesterday on my P500. But when my prepaid balance went to minus internet stopped working & today I did recharge But I am not able to use the vodafone live & I don't even get the EDGE icon.

Please Confirm : Is the Galaxy 551 exactly the Galaxy 3 + the keyboard with Froyo. [No differences] ?

Also is it available in Mumbai.

Have ordered the HTC desire HD from flipkart. will post a review once i get my hands on it.... Really getting excited.!!

Does anyone aware how to uninstall some applications (like bollywoodji ...) from optimus one ? Uninstall tab is disabled when I go in setting->application->manage application->all application->click on application

Android 2.1 is obsolete now ?

Now 2.3 is out, which requires high of config, so apps written now onwards will be for 2.3 I guess [or I may be wrong], but old Android devices would be able to run them ? People who are having 2.1 would be able to experience new apps ?

^
Android 2.2 Froyo was a major update which optimized the OS and made it much faster. 2.3 update again has a few more fixes and minor changes. But none of these 2 is a major overhaul of the system that requires more system resources.

If a device is running 2.1 just fine, it will only make the device much faster by updating to 2.2 or 2.3.

Depends on how devs will go about supporting 2.1 in their future apps, but as of now, most apps work just fine. Remember that there's only Nexus S with 2.3 officially available as of now.

Re: Android G1 Thread

Hey guys, i have samsung galaxy s, my company has forced us to buy nokia c5 as that phone has unique feature of uploading latitude / longitude along with the picture we upload in out database. All i want to know that is there any app available on android platform for Galaxy which can do this work? I will save 8k & buy some useful stuff i need than buying a phone just to upload lat's & longitudes. Please guys let me know quick, today is probably my last day of keeping myself away from that silly expense.

Hey guys, i have samsung galaxy s, my company has forced us to buy nokia c5 as that phone has unique feature of uploading latitude / longitude along with the picture we upload in out database. All i want to know that is there any app available on android platform for Galaxy which can do this work? I will save 8k & buy some useful stuff i need than buying a phone just to upload lat's & longitudes. Please guys let me know quick, today is probably my last day of keeping myself away from that silly expense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back