Android at 22k?

RanjithMN

Disciple
Hey guys,

so within a budget of about 22k what Android do you suggest?

Considered Lumia,loved the W7 interface but every one has talked me out of it! :X

Now my options are ARC S(i have an offer for 23k inc.16gb card,Case,Screen guard and Car charger) and the Galaxy S.

I skipped the GS since it dint have a flash
<
yeah its very very imp. and usefull for me.and was almost settled on the ARC S-but the limited Internal Memory and RAM bothers me.Will it be an issue with loads of apps?

and then came in GALAXY S Advanced!that seems right but when will it be launched in India?and what is the expected price here?

Also any idea if the SONY P will be launched soon here?

My primary use is .Browsing.need it to be as good as possible.

Is ARC S really a good buy for 23k these days?

Thank you

If you can wait for 1-2 months, then many newer launches are coming in the mid range. The Xperia P, SGS Advance, HTC One S among others, offering much more than the current generation phones. SGS Advance was supposed to be a Galaxy R replacement, so expect the prices of ~20k.

If you wanna buy right away, then HTC Sensation and Motorola Atrix 2 are good choices, and better than the Arc S at that price.

Thanks for the reply guys!

Won't talk about Android, but just this point. Is the phone for someone else? If not, when you liked the phone, why go by what others have to say?

Well the thing is,Im coming from a Symbian.So new to the current gen of OS's and its kind of a deal breaker when every one talks down W7 and the amount of Apps.
<

You can wait a bit(a month or so) for the SGS Advance in India. Samsung won't delay the release.

You can expect the pricing between 21-23k.

That seems nice.

You can get Second hand SGS2 in your budget

Im considering Used phones ONLY if its from someone i personally know!and none got GSII
<

If you can wait for 1-2 months, then many newer launches are coming in the mid range. The Xperia P, SGS Advance, HTC One S among others, offering much more than the current generation phones. SGS Advance was supposed to be a Galaxy R replacement, so expect the prices of ~20k.

If you wanna buy right away, then HTC Sensation and Motorola Atrix 2 are good choices, and better than the Arc S at that price.

Im really interested in the Xperia P.can probably wait for a month more i guess then!Mean time will check out Sensation and Atrix

Update-But Sensation costs as much as GSII.29k!?

Hi !

well if you are an 'apps' lover then surely this was a nice choice to opt out of W7 cos of its limitations and sync blah blah...

Android is Good and since you are a 'browser friendly'
<
person you just need a phone rich with enough features to 'woooo' you away. ARC S is sexxy elegant I'll give a "go for it man"
<
since that "limited mem" issue wont be a pain in the ***

feel good
<

go for it.and just in case your phone goes slow in future, there will be options available, at least in "MODable" android. even today there is a setting to move your apps from phone's mem to your SD. and SD options are WI............IDE to choose from <in gb>.

wanna go for in this range then try for HTC and in the nearly same range is HTC Inspire 4g extra RAM and internal mem then ARC S.

Good Luck!

#RanjithMN, if you are an app freak, then iPhone is the best place to be. They have some of the best apps in business. It isn't just about quantiy, but also quality. And more often than not, a good app first comes to iOS than on Android. There are various reasons for that, but that is a different discussion. WP7 is young - and immature as some might want to believe - but it is capable in what it does. If your requirement of the phone is to be able to do regular stuff - not modding around every other day - you wouldn't mind it. I would suggest you check out what apps are available on the Marketplace before eliminating this altogether. Android is for geeks, the flexibility is nice to have, but not something an average user desires or requires. Moreover, it just doesn't feel polished even after all these years. ICS is a major step towards changing that, and they should be there soon.

Thanks again for the reply guys.Im waiting for the Xperia P and Galaxy S Advance to hit the stores.Really love the Xperia.In case i cant hold of my purchase longer then will look into the Atrix and Sensation.

Isn't the atrix 2 a little outdated and overpriced compared to the current models coming out? i mean, it's basically the atrix with a .3" bigger screen and the very cool fingerprint scanner removed.

Isn't the atrix 2 a little outdated and overpriced compared to the current models coming out? i mean, it's basically the atrix with a .3" bigger screen and the very cool fingerprint scanner removed.

Specs wise it has the OMAP 4430, same like RAZR, non pentile display, 8 MP camera and dedicated camera button, its surely a upgrade over original Atrix except the finger print scanner.

But I wont recommend it for issues with stock ROM and poor dev support.

#RanjithMN

The Options you currently have are:

1. HTC Sensation @ 23.5K

2. Motorola Atrix @ 22.5K

If you wish to wait then there is going to be a slew of Dual Core phones that shall be release in Mid-Range Segment like Xperia P, HTC One Series. Personally I feel at 22K Budget you should not settle for Single Core of Arc.

But I feel you should also take Lumia 800 into consideration as its a Good Phone and WP is a Good OS. More importantly you liked it
<

Specs wise it has the OMAP 4430, same like RAZR, non pentile display, 8 MP camera and dedicated camera button, its surely a upgrade over original Atrix except the finger print scanner.

But I wont recommend it for issues with stock ROM and poor dev support.

My bad, for some reason i was under the impression that it had the same chip.

Is it on the ICS roadmap anyway?

Edit: So is the Atrix (2) still the cheapest dual core?

My bad, for some reason i was under the impression that it had the same chip.

Is it on the ICS roadmap anyway?

Edit: So is the Atrix (2) still the cheapest dual core?

ICS US version scheduled for Q3 2012, not sure of the Indian version.

Yes within the currently available phones, Atrix 2 is the cheapest dual core.

Back