android 15k

1. Q: Budget?

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor?
Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
AMOLED first preference

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them
No dislikes

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
3.7"-4.5" Touchscreen,Gorilla glass

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
At least 5 MP with flash and 720p video recording. Also front camera with video calling support over 3G network

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
ICS/JB

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc)
3G,WiFi,GPS

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
internet,camera, video calling, gps navigation ,music, texting,light gaming

10. Q: Any other requirements?
Dual sim

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
Micromax A90S

XOLO X900 came into the forum to search and see if anyone has any opinions on it found your thread :D.

AnandTech - Lava Xolo X900 Review - The First Intel Medfield Phone

IMO its a no brainer with that display (295ppi) and its performance is quite good (maybe the best in this price range)

Beyond OP's budget.

Screen is an IPS (although I prefer IPS over AMOLED).

Performance is not great although it shall handle most tasks fine. The Pantech Burst will crush it in pure performance (benchmarks).

Camera is much more superior but again a fixed battery.

Beyond OP's budget.

Screen is an IPS (although I prefer IPS over AMOLED).

Performance is not great although it shall handle most tasks fine. The Pantech Burst will crush it in pure performance (benchmarks).

Camera is much more superior but again a fixed battery.

Not at all. Available in flipkart for ~15.5k (after 2k instant cashback + free bluetooth) and you can get it for 14kish from ebay after discounts.
The processor is on par with dual core Cortex A9's. Performance is similar to say a Motorola Atrix 2. GPU is weaker than the Pantech burst. But other than that its on par or better than the pantech burst. (Build, camera, video recording, local warranty)

LAVA XOLO X900, INTEL MOBILE FREESHIP | eBay ~15.1k - a 6% OR 7% coupon you can get it for 14k!

Its got a 2k cash back offer atm (flipkart) and whatever ive read of the phone it seems its a faster than phones a lot more expensive than it. Oh and I just looked through benchmarks both phones score about 3300 in quadrant. Read up on this phone its coming across as quite a undiscovered gem.

Users are saying its got a touch as good as apple's.

Oh and there are reports of this phone getting hot :p INTEL POWA !!! (how hot and how often im not sure, happens to some but from what i gather you will experience this if you put the phone through heavy use like gaming for hours etc)

Oh and people love the build quality and from the pictures ive seen of both this looks built a lot lot better. The pantytech looks like made in china :p

X900 can record at 1080P

Sorry for sounding like a XOLO salesman but I think this is a brilliant phone pure performance and vfm , i mean that screen at this price SWEET !!

XOLO X900 came into the forum to search and see if anyone has any opinions on it found your thread :D.

AnandTech - Lava Xolo X900 Review - The First Intel Medfield Phone

IMO its a no brainer with that display (295ppi) and its performance is quite good (maybe the best in this price range)

X900 has micro sim slot. if it had normal sim i would have gone for it

- - - Updated - - -

Only phone that fits your requirements to an extent is this --> Pantech Burst.

pantech burst has no local warranty

- - - Updated - - -

will wait for huawei ascend g600. what about micromax a90s. it meets all my requirements and can get it for ~12k. does it have any major issues ?

The processor is on par with dual core Cortex A9's. Performance is similar to say a Motorola Atrix 2. GPU is weaker than the Pantech burst. But other than that its on par or better than the pantech burst. (Build, camera, video recording, local warranty)

Thank you for correcting me.

Oh and people love the build quality and from the pictures ive seen of both this looks built a lot lot better. The pantytech looks like made in china :p

All devices are made by Top-Tier Chinese manufacturers, just because the Burst is made to cost does not mean it is a shoddy device in any sense.

will wait for huawei ascend g600. what about micromax a90s. it meets all my requirements and can get it for ~12k. does it have any major issues ?

It ticks all the boxes. But does it tick your heart? Knowing their A$$ is pain in the A$$. Knowing it'll never get better community support as huawei phones get. Knowing you settled for something which may never get any updates. Knowing its face value isn't as great as other phones that I've mentioned.

Reports suggest that the Huawei G600 has a MSM8260 with Adreno 220 GPU which is the same as Pantech Burst/Xperia S/HTC Sensation.
But weirdly the phone can record only VGA which indicates a MSM8255 with Adreno 203. So check various video reviews/reviews and confirm that the processor is indeed a MSM8260 before getting it.

Back