Android Android 14 update for OP Nord gone

Hey all, my mom has the One Plus Nord CE 2 Lite 5G, and currently runs on Android 13.

Some days ago, it received the upgrade for Android 14, and the notification was there to upgrade to it. I wanted to backup the phone before the upgrade, so I was delaying it.

I think I was doing something on the phone, and the notification for the update came and it was kinda bothering me, and so I think I pressed Do it Later or something like that, I don't remember the actual words. But yea, it said something like "later". I thought the update will still be there from the phone settings and I can do it later when I want. But, I found that the update is no longer there, and even if I check for updates, it doesn't show any update for Android 14.

I think it has been a long time now, maybe even a month since that time. I thought the update might return maybe after a week or 15 days, but it hasn't.

What do I do to get the update for Android 14 to show again?

I will wait for some time and see if the update is offered again. It is really strange though.

I was thinking of a factory reset, but that's a tiring exercise.

Sometimes updates get hold back for a reason and they gracefully release another update with a fix. So, no need to panic as updates get scheduled region and batch-wise. This was my best exp. with redmi and few phones.
And also not updates are good for eg: the current A 14 isn't actually doing anything worthy for many phones out there as there are still lot of bugs esp. compromising on camera and battery life along with nitty-gritty issues so its better to wait until a real stable ver. is released rather than rushing to be the latest.
For my phone there have been two major A 14 releases but I'm still holding on to my rock stable A 13 due to the obvious reasons.

Download this app and check if it shows any updates.

Thanks a lot for this. I checked, and it shows that update is available. I will wait a while before I update it manually via this app.

As others say, sometimes the updates can be pulled back, but the thing is, here, I had tapped on something in the update notification after which the update didn't show anymore. So, it is my guess that it wasn't pulled. That's why I am thinking to update it manually, if there is no update available even after a few days.

Back