Android 14 Officially Launched

Yes....Hibby and Foobar 2000 which are non-paid can serve as well.

The most beneficial bunch of this feature will be Huge Subscriber Base of Apple Music with Andriod Device.
Absolutely. In a year's time, implementation will be good with new phones and streaming Music but I also have high rez files like FLAC and DSD that need a good player.

Screenshot_20231029-152100.pngScreenshot_20231029-152202.png

Fiio Dac on Pixel 6a. No eq settings available. Neutron music player. Plus that android problem of audio only increasing in steps of 5 is gone. Now it works in 1 step. Audio output is very loud compared to phone.

More concerned about AI from meta. They will screw privacy
I don't think one is better than the other. They all are on the same boat more or less.

I was typing a mail on Gmail just now. Clicked send and I was greeted with a popup "The mail contains this line 'Files attached below' but you have not attached anything, are you sure you want to send the mail without any attachments?"

I am not sure how I am supposed to feel about it. It's creepy.

I don't think one is better than the other. They all are on the same boat more or less.

I was typing a mail on Gmail just now. Clicked send and I was greeted with a popup "The mail contains this line 'Files attached below' but you have not attached anything, are you sure you want to send the mail without any attachments?"

Outlook also does the same. It's just a simple 'if - else' code. If the email contains the words 'attached' or 'file attached' but has no attachment it will show pop-up.

Even in emails where I am replying to an email with attachment, it asks because it doesn't know that I'm referring to the file that I have received, and not a file I'm expected to send.

This feature has been available in gmail for ages now, here's an article from 2008 https://www.wired.com/2008/09/-forgotten-attachment-detector-stops-some-gmail-gaffes/ . Rather simple to implement as well, but I'd assume the detection algorithm has improved over time. It's a simple enough detection that they're probably doing it offline even.

This feature has been available in gmail for ages now, here's an article from 2008 https://www.wired.com/2008/09/-forgotten-attachment-detector-stops-some-gmail-gaffes/ . Rather simple to implement as well, but I'd assume the detection algorithm has improved over time. It's a simple enough detection that they're probably doing it offline even.
Rather strange that I got this prompt for the very first time. Definitely not the first time that I wrote stuuff along the word 'attachment' in the body.

What about the recent addition of 'smart predictions' and 'suggested replies'? Is that related to AI or was it already present in the past? I only remember the standard suggested replies that were almost never useful. Nowadays, they are.

I've had `suggested replies` on the desktop/web, so I assume some of those AI predictions run on the backend rather than on the client -- but don't really have a A14 device to confirm if it even runs locally

Have any of the apps been updated to take advantage of this ?

Not sure what you mean by that, but if the feature is not there in the first place nobody will bother to utilize it.

What I like to (hope for) all music apps (especially streaming) to be able to output the native file's bit rate without any alteration or go through the system sound profile, that's all.

- This thing will benefit Apple Music Users which I want the most
- Destroy the market of UAAP / Neutron and others <- Not that what I want...it may be collateral damage.
- Hopefully, it killed the market of battery-operated Andriod DAP which is nothing but expensive E-Waste after the internal battery reaches EOL...which is 3.5 years.

Back