Audio Analogue is only true HD

Cnu

Disciple
hey frnds

im planning to buy a Sound card to connect mySony DAV-DZ777 home theatre for full HD experience....after searching and reading reviews in forums i thoughtto buy Asus xonar dx2 card but there is a question still unanswered in my mind....since my home theatre cannot take 5.1 channel analogue input so i have to give it a digital input from sound card and the entire Digital to Analog conversion will be done by sony home theatre which has a 12bit processor where as xonar dx2 has d/a auv200 high definition (24bit/98khz) processor but i wonder whether i use this part of the sound card coz i hook it up to coaxial/optical which directly passes the digital signal of pc to system...so im unable to decide...sony home theatre can only 2.1 channnel input and produce a virtual 5.1 channel sound via dolby prologic II....thanks in advance...can some one guide me what should i do effective use the sound card to get rich sound experience

im planning to buy a Sound card to connect mySony DAV-DZ777 home theatre for full HD experience

Don't waste your money.

Your Sony HTiB has no digital connections, and no multichannel analog input. It is not possible to connect it to a soundcard for multichannel sound, only the stereo auxilary input will work.

can some one guide me what should i do effective use the sound card to get rich sound experience

Get a receiver and speakers.

cranky said:
Don't waste your money.

Your Sony HTiB has no digital connections, and no multichannel analog input. It is not possible to connect it to a soundcard for multichannel sound, only the stereo auxilary input will work.

Get a receiver and speakers.

Well he just may in luck as indeed his HTIB Archived DAV-DZ777 : DVD Home Theatre System : Home Theatre System : Sony India have optical as well as coaxial input.

And you may use the digital out from the soundcard to the HTIB and get true 5.1 output,depending on contents.

However one note of EXTREME caution.

The DAC on Sony will be doing the audio conversion in digital input from source.So why bother getting a costly sound card.Use your motherboards digital out or (SPDIF to Digital out) to feed the HTIB and save some money

@Cnu,

Go for what freshseasons is suggesting, I too don't see a need for a soundcard. However, I am perplexed by your comment on 12-bit processing on the Sony HTB..Okay, I looked at the link and the 12-bit spec is for Video DAC and not audio-DAC.

Here is a brief on what would happen if you decide to connect using analog multi-channel connection.

Compressed file -> Decoded to multi-channel PCM in your sound card -> Played out on DACs of sound card (Digi->Analog conversion) -> ADC of the HTB (Analog -> Digital conversion) -> DAC of HTB (Digital to Analog conversion).

With a digital connection, you would avoid the first DAC and ADC. In principle, this should give better quality!

Cheers,

apande

Thanx for the suggestion dudes

i dont how to take digital out of the motherboard... and if it needs soldering job to be done over motherboard then im pretty bad in such jobs and i dont see any professional around me whom i think is capable of doing that...

any other ideas...thanks in advance

@apande

yes the 12bit i was saying is about audio.....i agree that 12bit processor is also there for video(12bit/108Mz) as i did chat wiith technical section of sony usa online...they said the basic processor that they had is the only one...which take both iputs audio and video and the decoded is sent to D/A conversion....though 108Mhz processing speed will work for video and 96Khz for audio...i think sony is floating on the fame that it has and they are not standing now in the market for the true reason what they are for...i want them to keep all lines of communication open to restandardize themself to mean how it sounds "sony"

@apand

I think you were mistaken while you gave me briefing giving analogue input to an amplifier

if we give an analogue input it wont resample it and convert to digital...infact there to A/D convertor in amplifers....they will directly amplify the sent signal to via analogue input(thats why the sound card comes to role...else how would a sound card help to reduce snr...if every time the d/a conversion happens in amplifer then there is no need to convert via sound card)

i hope i clarified you

Back