An interesting read

What would you prefer instead to see in play store ?

I don't know what bing looks like so i have no other frame of reference. Presumably this is what that guy was on about.

What's there to discuss? I'm a bit confused here.
Still I learnt something from that link. Didn't know that those tiny dots open a menu. Going to play store now to check them out.

that play store shouldn't show NSFW content directly as we have our small cousins, sisters who uses our phones/tabs.

Google isn't giving different recommendations. It's the same for that guy from 3 months.

I have been getting good recommendations from Google. Yes most of them are based on the Apps that I install but I find them good.

Yes, I would like better recommendations.

@Sobirvs Open play Store -->Content Filtering.

I have been getting good recommendations from Google. Yes most of them are based on the Apps that I install but I find them good.

Yes, I would like better recommendations.

@Sobirvs Open play Store -->Content Filtering.

I don't really use android so pardon my ignorance but is that content filtering by default set to show or hide the NSFW content ?

As much we want google to be a bit like apple store , imo , it wont and cannot do . google needs more control over any apps that are released on play store , but doing that will take massive resources , which i doubt google will be willing to spend .

I don't really use android so pardon my ignorance but is that content filtering by default set to show or hide the NSFW content ?

By default the content filtering is set to "Show all apps".

On topic, this is not a new issue at all. Google has been criticised for this since long, but it's pure business. All this simply does not reflects true Google, for which the behemoth has been known for.

Personally I feel, Play Store has reached a level where quantity doesn't matter. Rather Google should start stricter monitoring and clearance of apps akin to Apple.

PS: I do get correct recommendations, obviously on the basis of my installs, not on checking out any app (at least the pattern I observed).

PPS: I can't really decide that the "sub-bing" level comparison mocks Google or M$. :D

I get mostly different recommendations from playstore when ever I visit. Only vodafone global app and stars wars omnibus were persistent.
The books, movies and games keep changing. And I don't download or watch or game on my cellphone.
This is the latest I got today.
1385013506752.jpg

Back