AMD's Ryzen 5000 series gets price cut in wake of Alder Lake launch

mk76

Adept
Reference - https://www.techspot.com/amp/news/92118-amd-ryzen-5000-series-gets-cheaper-wake-alder.html

With Alder Lake-S reviews praising Intel’s chips as finally being worthy competitors to AMD’s Ryzen alternatives, it seems team red is making the only move it can until the Ryzen 6000 series arrives next yeI'mar: drop the price of its current lineup.

5800x got the max cut of USD 150
1636599680298.png

Unfortunately we can't get even a 3600 in that price.
5800x price also didn't change a bit after this price cut.
Agree, paid 17.5k for 3600 in April as I was not willing to spend 25k for processor alone but if this trend continues we will see 6600 being launched for 25~30k next year with 10% increase in performance

India probably won't get any price cut. You know how retailers/distributers here are. Even Zen2 didn't see any price cuts here so don't get your hopes high.

It will happen by 2 to 3 months from now. We Indians are rich whether it comes to Taxes or paying High Prices for goods. Lowest price that I have seen for 5950x was at PCSTUDIO.IN - 64000. I wonder how much lower will it be. Even if AMD is doing 85 INR for 1 USD, it comes down to 59500. I am going to buy it if they price it around 55000 to 57000.

Reference - https://www.techspot.com/amp/news/92118-amd-ryzen-5000-series-gets-cheaper-wake-alder.html

With Alder Lake-S reviews praising Intel’s chips as finally being worthy competitors to AMD’s Ryzen alternatives, it seems team red is making the only move it can until the Ryzen 6000 series arrives next yeI'mar: drop the price of its current lineup.

5800x got the max cut of USD 150
View attachment 119795
Applicable only in the west/north/south/east but never in India... Remember how GPU prices crumbled in Germany and UK in June and in China but zero impact here.
So again another dream bubble..

Not sure how legit this is, but the prices are GST incl. Shop name: Right solutions.

Beware of scammers always !!
The shop is shown in some youtube pricing videos. got feedback that they charge something else when asked on whatsapp or a person when in the store. must be that reason then. else this is the effect of intel 12th gen ?

I thought of upgrading to 5900x thinking there will be a price cut but I guess my used 3900x for 29000 was a good deal year back.

Back