AMD to Intel migration .

hector19

| Crafted for Gaming |
Adept
Hello Guys, am in need of your help again .

Looking for a Decent Specs Upgrade , from my Current configuration :D

Budget : 22k Strictly :(

My Current Specs :

Processor : AMD Phenom II x 4 955BE .

Mobo : Gigabyte 785GM US2SH.

RAM : Gskill 4Gig DDR2 @ 800

GPU : Zotac GTX 460 1gig.

PSU : Corsair VX 450 .

My Requirements : GAMING ONLY PERIOD :cool2:

What will stay with me :

GPU and PSU if possible

If i go for a Intel 2500k can my VX450 handle it without any bottleneck issues ?

So, guys, should i wait for any Intel's Upcoming Tech ? or even AMD's Bulldozer ?

or go with Sandybridge ? I don't mind waiting :) , Just Looking for a upgrade on me B'day :D :clap:

What resolution do you game on?

I don't think you need an upgrade really, atleast not your processor.

If you want to upgrade, get a new MSI 6950 Twin Frozr 2GB and Corsair VX550. A CPU upgrade won't do much for gaming.

^ Ohhh ? :(

I game @ 1400*900 res. But i'll be getting a 24 incher soon.

As for the CPU upgrade, am thinking an Upgrade that's gonna last for at least 1 or 2 year .

Any more suggestions ?

No need of upgrading bro... Use this system till bulldozer and ivy bridge processors come out..... I will also suggest not to upgrade the GPU too, since no new and good games are coming till october... why to uprade just to play battlefield 3 and MW3 :), our present cards would be enough to handle those games easily....

Guys, another Question .

Will upgrading my current mobo do any justice ? not looking into any lackluster upgrade .

My current mobo is Gigabyte 785GM US2SH... Oldchip set .. So howz the 880's ?

hector19 said:
Guys, another Question .
Will upgrading my current mobo do any justice ? not looking into any lackluster upgrade .
My current mobo is Gigabyte 785GM US2SH... Oldchip set .. So howz the 880's ?
There's very little point in doing that, because you will have to buy a new motherboard again for Sandy/Ivy or Bulldozer. You have a decent config, as everyone is suggesting, hold on to it. Save up cash for a Bulldozer/Sandy + HD7000 series upgrade later this year.

If you can OC the chip a bit you should be fine for gaming. the 2500k is a good chip and faster for sure but not by that much. If you had to buy new for sure 2500k but you have a good enough system. I suggest if you have budget go all out on a nice big psu 750w and the best gpu you can buy. Oh and to speed up the system a lot do consider an SSD. SSD and PSU will prolly carry forward to ur next system. Wait for next Intel mainstream get . P75 ? and get that when its new it will last you a few years.

Back