AMD Polaris RX480 officially launched starting at $199. Will be available from June 29.

What is the expected price for this when it comes out?

Add at least a $100 more to the base price (customs duty + taxes + seller markup). So it would be around 21k for the 4GB model and 25-26k for the 8GB one.

Pretty similar in the case of the the GTX 1070 atm, FE cards are retailing somewhere between $450 and $600 right now.

RX 480 in dollar value comes to ₹13000 and at most will cost ₹16000.
There is no way it will cost extra $100 for a $200 graphics card.That is a 50% markup.

@Ray - I hope you are right as I am planning to upgrade after nearly 8 years and the entire build rotates around the card being priced around 15K.

@zibalingz - I hate to say this but the price you mentioned is generally what happens and will end up costing which will be a huge blow.

GTX 960 was 199 USD when it launched in the US and Indian pricing was 18k.
So 21k seems to be a bit of a stretch since USD conversion rate is more or less the same as when the 960 launched.
Anyways if AMD can cash the cheque it is writing right now you can bet on Tirupati/Rashi to markup the 480 to 21k. Such is the desi business mentality.......

GTX 960 was 199 USD when it launched in the US and Indian pricing was 18k.
So 21k seems to be a bit of a stretch since USD conversion rate is more or less the same as when the 960 launched.
Anyways if AMD can cash the cheque it is writing right now you can bet on Tirupati/Rashi to markup the 480 to 21k. Such is the desi business mentality.......
What graphics card does Tirupati deal in? I see only VT3D which is not even popular among the masses and their other overpriced products.

What graphics card does Tirupati deal in? I see only VT3D which is not even popular among the masses and their other overpriced products.
I guess I might be wrong as to the current distributors as I bought my last GPU 2.5 years back.I just mentioned the names which were prevalent in GPU distribution back then as an example that's all....

AMD RX 470 and RX 460 announced.
"The big news today is that the AMD Radeon RX 470 and the Radeon RX 460 will be joining the Radeon RX 480 lineup! The AMD Radeon RX 470 4GB GDDR5 video card uses the same Polaris 10 GPU that the Radeon RX 480 uses but with a lower 110W TDP and is aimed at 1080p high-definition gamers. This card will likely be
comparable to the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 or GTX 950 and be priced down in the $139 to $159 price range since the Radeon RX 480 4GB card is going to have an SRP of $199."

"The AMD Radeon RX 460 likely uses the Polaris 11 GPU, has a TDP of under 75W and (RX 460) is targeted at those playing MMO game titles that are typically not too graphics intensive! AMD chief executive Lisa Su said that the Radeon RX 460 would be a small, compact, low power, high yield graphics card! Could this be card be priced in the $95 to $119 price range and compete with the GeForce GTX 750 Ti or maybe even the GeForce GTX 950?"

http://www.legitreviews.com/amd-radeon-rx-470-radeon-rx-460-graphics-cards-announced_182512

Last edited:
Lets see what RX 490 has to offer. If it can beat or rather perform near to GTX 1070 with power consumption equivalent to 1080 & price obviously lesser than 1070 then It will be interesting .
(Till now it didn't impress me much since I don't care about VR)

Last edited:
i just talked to someone who Works at AMD And said RX 480 Will be priced Around 30,000 Mark In india

THERE IS NO WAY TO PROVE THIS but considering recent Nvidia Pricing It Looks Possible. he said "It will be well over 12k mark around 30."

I Got Whatsapp Conversation And A recorded call But doubt I will be able to share.

Last edited:
i just talked to someone who Works at AMD And said RX 480 Will be priced Around 30,000 Mark In india
THERE IS NO WAY TO PROVE THIS but considering recent Nvidia Pricing It Looks Possible.
Can i post wapp conversation etc here?
That is insanely high and that card is not made to compete with the 1070. My guess is around 22-23k initially and may come down later to 18k.

Again with the baseless speculation on price and performance, just wait another 15 days instead of wasting time.
Here's a benchmark in the meantime meant to be taken with a grain of salt ofc, beats the 390x and is very close to the 980 with half the power draw for $200, sounds great if it's true.

Z3ziIvg.jpg

Maybe we should also make our own "leaked/rumoured" benchmarks and get a share of the page views haha

i was planing to upgrade from my gtx 560 but am sure the pricing will not be a correct reflection of the US pricing. Still hoping against hope.

Last edited:
Back