Graphic Cards AMD Catalyst & nVidia Forceware driver updates

Re: Recently released ATi Catalyst & nVidia Forceware drivers

yeh 11.6 much better

after 11.5 a lot of performence decrease finally a stable version

even better than 11.4

I'm looking for a guide of ATi Catalyst(11.6).

Want to know best possible setting of ATi Catalyst to make image(in game image quality too) and video(using MPCHC) quality better.

Thanks!

Is there any way to make image quality better using AMD Catalyst setting for both Desktop and in game image ?

AMD Releases Catalyst 11.8

Source : http://www.fudzilla.com/graphics/item/23767-amd-releases-catalyst-118

AMD released the latest version of its Catalyst driver pack and for the first time ever the new drivers will also feature CPU overlocking.

The driver also features the usual performance improvements and bug fixes. AMD promises better performance in Crysis 2, FEAR 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops and improved morphological anti-aliasing.

The CPU overclocking features appears limited to Black Edition processors, so not everyone will benefit from it. New AMD APUs don’t appear to be supported, at least not in this version, but there’s always the next version.

Downloadlink : Downloads

11.8 are blazing fast in benchmarks. Gaming performance has changed in perception. Crysis 2 somehow feels better but overall avg FPS is same. Nice set after a while. I was sticking with 11.4 until these came along.

Installed 11.8 yesterday... the initial impressions seems to be another solid release. Haven't checked the game performance, but 2D performance is definitely up. In past few releases (10.6-11.7) the 2D performance score on my HD5770 was somewhere between 1500-1600... with 11.8 drivers it's shot up to 2200. Same story on my HD6950 card, where the performance score was about same 1500-1600 range (I've only tested with 11.5 onwards), now it's about 1850.

Also, the Photoshop interface performance when OpenGL drawing enabled seems to be tad better compared to earlier releases. This could be probably just a placebo effect, but it definitely feels slightly faster. Still, there is bit of a lag and micro-stuttering when zooming in at extreme levels, panning and resizing windows within Photoshop. Hope, DAMMIT fix it soon... cause without OGL drawing lot of other things get bit "dry" in PS.

Unfortunately, I don't have any data from couple of previous drivers to compare the game performance difference... but I'll probably try to gauge the difference subjectively, probably over this weekend. But overall the release appears to be quite stable.

This 11.8 set supports mobility GPUs also ? It was a nada with 11.7 official :(....currently on 11.7 beta

AMD Catalyst 11.8 Changelog :

# New Features

* AMD Overdrive has been enhanced to include both CPU and GPU over-clocking controls within the AMD Vision Control Center

* CPU over-clocking is only supported on AMD Black edition CPUs

# Performance Highlights

* Improves performance up to 10% in Crysis 2 DirectX 11 version for both non-Anti-Aliasing, and application enabled Anti-Aliasing cases on the AMD Radeonâ„¢ HD 6000 and AMD Radeonâ„¢ HD 5000 Series

* Improves performance up to 8% in Fear 3 DirectX 11 version with application enabled Anti-Aliasing on the AMD Radeonâ„¢ HD 6000 and AMD Radeonâ„¢ HD 5000 Series

* Improves performance up to 30% when AMD’s Morphological Anti-Aliasing (MLAA) is enabled through the Catalyst™ Control Center on the AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 and AMD Radeon™ HD 5000 Series

* Improves performance up to 20% in Call of Duty Black Operations for single GPU and Multi-GPU configurations on the AMD Radeonâ„¢ HD 6000 and AMD Radeonâ„¢ HD 5000 Series

# Resolved Issues for the Windows Vista

* PowerDVD no longer randomly displays a blank screen when playing back BluRay content with Crossfire enabled.

* BSOD errors are no longer intermittently experienced after installing the driver with Crossfire enabled.

# Resolved Issues for the Windows 7

* The option to “Apply current video quality settings to internet video" is no longer randomly missing from the AMD Catalyst™ Control Center / AMD Vision™ Engine Control Center.

* 3DMark 11 no longer intermittently generates a BSOD error when run using a standard user account.

* Playing HD video content overnight using Windows Media Center no longer causes the system to hang or generates a BSOD error.

* Random graphical corruption is no longer experienced when playing Crysis 2 in a Crossfire environment.

* Image stabilization is now correctly applied to DivX clips when using Windows Media Player.

* Enabling AntiAliasing when playing Starcraft 2 no longer causes random screen blackouts.

* Video corruption is no longer seen when scrolling through DivX 5 video files using Windows Media Center and Windows Media Player.

* Menu corruption is no longer seen when running F.E.A.R 3 in DirectX 11 mode.

* Video playback now functions correctly after enabling hardware acceleration in VLC version 1.1.10.

hello friends....just got an Sapphire HD 6850 two weeks ago. It was doing awesome with 11.7 driver but when I installed 11.8 a strange problem is occurring every time when I start my windows xp. There is a black screen suddenly after few seconds of windows startup and then comes a message saying the vpu recovery has reset the graphics processor as it has stopped responding to the commands from the graphics driver, please tell amd about this problem. I have no idea why this is coming...and it's occurring 2 times after every window startup. I downloaded the driver from official amd website.

^^its a very old bug ( dated as old as 2004)

do a google search for it, you'll see numerous threads in different forums detailing this issue

Used it for my friends 5670.. :)... working fine... My eyes didnt see any frame difference in games with 11.7 and 11.8... I got some nice increase in frames rates on my 6850 though.. But not for all games... Atleast 60% games showed me the difference. My eyes cant catch it, fraps did the calculation for me.

ggt said:
11.8 good for a 4670?

Should i update it then?

You can. Probably not see change in FPS, but might get better stability for the newer crop of game releases.

Guys i updated My catalyst from 11.4 to 11.8. Everything is fine but i am facing a slight problem. When i turn on my PC and it happens only once,my screen shakes for just a fraction of seconds. As i said it happens only one time and i don't see any shaking untill i restart my PC after switch off etc. How to resolve this?

Back