Amazon Prime is now in India!

Do they give partial refund or something if they mess up Prime delivery?
yesterday only they messed up giving the reason didn't get the address please add additional details...they have delivered to this address on 2 and 3 oct , but didn't able to find on 4th.
didn't make much fuss about it festival season ....enjoy guys
but now i called them just to know there policy on this...they were saying if you are a non prime member and have paid any price for fast delivery then it will be refunded and if you are a prime member ...your membership will be extended didnt tell me by how much time only said depends and definity your money will be refunded if you have opted for one day delivery.

like customer care calls are recorded similarly what the delivery guys have done in case of not finding an address is also recorded like tried to contact you and could not connect so the delivery guys cant say anything on there own.

yesterday only they messed up giving the reason didn't get the address please add additional details...they have delivered to this address on 2 and 3 oct , but didn't able to find on 4th.
didn't make much fuss about it festival season ....enjoy guys
but now i called them just to know there policy on this...they were saying if you are a non prime member and have paid any price for fast delivery then it will be refunded and if you are a prime member ...your membership will be extended didnt tell me by how much time only said depends and definity your money will be refunded if you have opted for one day delivery.

like customer care calls are recorded similarly what the delivery guys have done in case of not finding an address is also recorded like tried to contact you and could not connect so the delivery guys cant say anything on there own.
That's one of their go-to reason when they miss the delivery date. Other one is "Delivery attempted. Nobody home." I fully understand that these guys are overloaded because of Grand Festival Sales. So I wrote to them that instead of giving these false reasons, please have them communicate with customers directly if there's gonna be a delay or whatever and see if they can work something out.

I always give delivery guys extra day or two, or go down to gate from third floor to pick up my parcels, whenever they call and ask politely. But sometimes you need timely delivery and when that doesn't happen, people get pissed. Especially if they're paying extra for fast delivery. Like my current delivery, I opted for 1 day delivery with Prime. I waited whole day and it was finally out for delivery after six in the evening!! Which was quite strange and as I expected, they didn't deliver, saying,"nobody home". But I was home, waiting. Next day it was out since morning, but again they didn't deliver, this time giving above reason,"We're unable to locate your address, provide extra details, bla bla" Now it's 3 pm on third day and my product is still not out for delivery. So I guess I won't be getting it today either. I wrote to their CC twice, but they give these almost copy pasted replies filled with empty promises, which solves nothing. After that what else you can do besides waiting patiently...

Just wrote to Amazon CC about missing Prime deadline and Amazon.com's policy about free-extension. But made a mistake of also asking about my delivery. Cause he completely ignored my query about Prime and spouted usual nonsense like,"I understand your concern regarding bla bla, I would request you to wait till bla bla, We look forward to see you again soon."

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

With me also same thing happen the out for delivery message I got around 6 in the evening and there was no mention of the no. Of the delivery guy.
In the tracking section it was not showing any time for reached the nearest hub, out for delivery just--. Now today it got updated to very early time like at 3 it's out for delivery which I very much doubt.
But anyways my point is same as yours that if somebody is paying extra there is definitely reason behind that and amazon must respect that and don't start telling lies I didn't get the address and all that.
Anyways jai mata di

I also renewed it. welcome kit will be sent between 14 to 17 october hopefully it should be something nice.
Atleast i don't have to think now before making low cost purchase, already purchased so many useless thing just to complete 500 rs.
Amazon prime videos ...just hoping for it to be good.

I was wondering what would be the welcome kit will have ? The shipping dates are too far, something against the membership content.

I was wondering what would be the welcome kit will have ? The shipping dates are too far, something against the membership content.
Shipping dates are far may be because of launching of prime video around diwali(hope so).
Now about what will be in welcome kit don't have any idea but one thing is sure I don't want a calender even nothing is ok but no calender.

These ATS people (or whoever manages the order status) are unbelievable. After 4 days they have yet to deliver what was supposed to be One-day Prime delivery. But they keep blaming it on the customer. "Customer not home", "Didn't provide detailed address" and now latest status says,"The customer requested the appointment to be rescheduled." :rolleyes:

Now about what will be in welcome kit don't have any idea but one thing is sure I don't want a calender even nothing is ok but no calender.

:D

These ATS people (or whoever manages the order status) are unbelievable. After 4 days they have yet to deliver what was supposed to be One-day Prime delivery. But they keep blaming it on the customer. "Customer not home", "Didn't provide detailed address" and now latest status says,"The customer requested the appointment to be rescheduled." :rolleyes:

sneaky delivery guys. i had a similar issue with Mi.com's delhivery guys who delayed delivery, i waited the whole day for them, and then they wrote customer was not home. i sent a mail to all the top people in the courier company, dunno if it had any effect. probably not...

I had the same experience for the past 2 days. On both the occasions, I got SMS saying " Customer not available". Nobody comes for delivery in the entire day and in the evening you get an SMS saying "Customer not available"

Looks like some issues with their salesman / logistics.

Till now 4 items have been delivered to my place missed the deadline of one product only during this diwali sales from Amazon ... But today I booked from flipkart estimated date 18oct.
Just now booked another product from amazon 8oct it will be delivered.
Amazon prime member and location mumbai.
But one thing which have improved day and night is phone delivery from both flipkart and amazon it is now fast usually next day in my case.

Last edited:
6th Day: No matter what I say to these guys, they insist I keep waiting patiently for ATS to deliver the stuff. And surprisingly CC haven't offered me any, you know, gift cards, for the inconvenience caused. Looks like they messed up lots of orders.

Thankfully received the other 2-3 orders on time. But there're always one or two that really tests you patience to the limits.

I think Amazon Prime is starting the Grand Tour from November 18 (including India). Just saw an ad on YouTube on it.

Edit:

Last edited:
Finally they refunded, ignoring my request to send replacement, saying items lost in transit. Now this too they will blame it on me, saying,"Customer refused delivery."

Now I understand the true meaning of "Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company" :rolleyes:

Meanwhile I placed another order under Prime, but the delivery date given is October 12. Didn't even offer One-Day, Two-Day option. Either they have immense load or just covering their arse.

Looks good. Now, they better release it as I paid for prime just because of GT!
Same here. Bought Prime as soon as I saw this ad. ha ha. Btw, on the Amazon India site, on the why we need to get Prime landing page, they have mentioned that a lot of US tv series & some Amazon specials would be premiering here for English content. For Hindi movies, I think they have partnered with T-Series and some other studios.

@Avish Try having a word with CC and/or escalate it. I too was not getting 1day earlier, a word to the CC and its back for me. Ironic, since this is Mumbai! However, I ordered a Mi Powerbank for my boss, and that did not get prime.

@Avish Try having a word with CC and/or escalate it. I too was not getting 1day earlier, a word to the CC and its back for me. Ironic, since this is Mumbai! However, I ordered a Mi Powerbank for my boss, and that did not get prime.
Will do if it happens again. Meanwhile, order they refunded saying 'lost in transit' was delivered today! :p Refund hasn't shown up in my account yet and I really don't want to send it back, so will talk to them tomorrow and see what my options are.

Has this happened with anybody? What do they do in this situation?

Had ordered few items in USA using Prime. The items were shipped in separate packages and 2 of them did not reach on time. I contacted CC as my friend was going to leave that hotel(where I got the order delivered) and I was worried if the items would reach by then. One of them did reach and other reached after the assured delivery date( same day as he was checking out). Amazon CC offered me to refund the price for both items in full. But since I had received them albeit late I refused the refund.

Will do if it happens again. Meanwhile, order they refunded saying 'lost in transit' was delivered today! :p Refund hasn't shown up in my account yet and I really don't want to send it back, so will talk to them tomorrow and see what my options are.

Has this happened with anybody? What do they do in this situation?

Couple of month back bought a watch worth 5K which when it arrived looked not to be genuine and I wanted to return it back but the seller did not respond (this was not Amazon fulfilled). After escalation the amount was returned back but Amazon did not take back the watch though I asked them to do so. Amazon told that they are not authorized to take back the watch as the seller has not responded to them also and have debarred him.

Back