Amazon India lightning deals

Get 1TB MX500 for 5k with CC offer, much better deal. Else its 500GB variant is 3.5k. MX500, WD Blue & 870 evo are all equivalent in performance & are considered top SATA SSDs. For a good value, SP A55/A58 are just 2.8k, just a notch below the other 3 options.

I understand but I want to stick to Samsung. My current OS drive is a Samsung EVO 250GB and once I get the Samsung 500GB SSD I'll just use their SDM cloning software and clone my current OS drive onto the new SSD drive. Cloning through SDM has always worked without errors for me so I just personally prefer it.

Samsung with SBI card can get it for $4855; do you still think WD is better? I am planning to get the Samsung so the question
Actually the SN580 1TB is far superior to the Samsung 980 non pro version not just in transfer speed but overall performance it actually matches/beats the Samsung 980 1TB pro version.
So good advice from @variablevector

My opinion is that the Samsung 980 non pro version is pretty poor product overall from Samsung and i would mostly not recommend it has there are far better options for similar price.

I understand but I want to stick to Samsung. My current OS drive is a Samsung EVO 250GB and once I get the Samsung 500GB SSD I'll just use their SDM cloning software and clone my current OS drive onto the new SSD drive. Cloning through SDM has always worked without errors for me so I just personally prefer it.
Do some research & take your call.

Macrium reflect free worked fine for cloning when I wanted. But Windows is not a great OS in terms of bugs & issues, so a clean install is recommended to avoid any potential issues. For devices with OEM key, I usually clone the C drive and then reset the OS. In my experience, if you get some random bug or issue in Windows, resetting the OS is less time-consuming than trying to troubleshoot it. I usually try to troubleshoot for 30mins or so, if its fixed then fine, else I start backing up stuff from C drive for reset.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240117_203548_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240117_203548_Chrome.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 111
Back