Amazon India lightning deals

Is this any good at 6.5k? To be used a secondary disk for games...

Silicon Power Ace A55 2TB 2.5 Inch SATA III SSD, 3D NAND with SLC Cache, Up to 500MB/s, Internal Solid State Drive for Desktop Laptop Computer https://amzn.eu/d/8OKfIWe
As secondary storage for games it is fine as a dramless ssd but just to be on the safe side keep at least 10-15% space on it free & keep in mind the possibility that updating some large game on it may take more time than usual for a ssd.

As secondary storage for games it is fine as a dramless ssd but just to be on the safe side keep at least 10-15% space on it free & keep in mind the possibility that updating some large game on it may take more time than usual for a ssd.
got it... it would anyways be way faster than a traditional HDD that I'm replacing...

got it... it would anyways be way faster than a traditional HDD that I'm replacing...
For read/game load speeds, definitely. For write speeds, especially sustained write speeds(say 25-30GB+ in one go when drive is already 80-90% filled), it depends but for majority typical cases it will be way faster than hdd.

1697554909478.png

Points to note as per few reviews:

can not install on front if you have certain type of PC cabinet.
It not PWM controllable.
Need 3 pin 5V slot for ARGB in the motherboard.
The way it is designed, it can only be used as an exhaust fan. my opinion: probably related to the first point above

some one was asking if we can shuck 2.5 in external HDD to use as internal HDD. Pls DM .
Only possible for seagate 2.5" portable hdd & obviously the warranty will be void.
(Refurbished) Seagate Expansion 8TB Desktop External HDD - 3.5 Inch USB 3.0 for Windows and Mac with 3 yr Data Recovery Services, Portable Hard Drive
At 13K its a good deal IMO for people looking for storage options at cheaper price.
With card discounts the deal becomes even sweeter bringing down the price furthur.
Risky to buy unless seller also provide a crystaldiskinfo/hdtune SMART report & sector test report. Keep in mind that hdd warranty replacement is also refurbished only nowadays so even if after 6 months warranty one is able to get a warranty replacement from segate service centre the replacement will still be refurbished unit only.

Few friends of mine have bought drives from amazon renewed/refurb. Absolutely 0 issues. They got new drives with full warranty , and also they are returnable within 6 months, if something goes wrong.

Few friends of mine have bought drives from amazon renewed/refurb. Absolutely 0 issues. They got new drives with full warranty , and also they are returnable within 6 months, if something goes wrong.
Amazon offers only 6 months seller warranty and the replacement happens only if the item is not in stock, that too from Appario and like. Mostly you get refunds. With third-party sellers, you are mostly screwed.

However, full warranty is doubtful. You definitely will not get warranty using the refurbished product invoice, may be if you doctor it to indicate that it isn't a refurbished item.

Amazon offers only 6 months seller warranty
Refurbished is such a scam. You lose out on full warranty, for such a small drop in price. If you really want to save money and don't care about warranty, buying brand new sealed products in the grey market is cheaper as it saves on GST [which is illegal and in no way am I condoning it]

Amazon offers only 6 months seller warranty and the replacement happens only if the item is not in stock, that too from Appario and like. Mostly you get refunds. With third-party sellers, you are mostly screwed.

However, full warranty is doubtful. You definitely will not get warranty using the refurbished product invoice, may be if you doctor it to indicate that it isn't a refurbished item.
I am going by personal experience. No where I have mentioned replacement. I clearly said returnable

Have you had any bad experience with renewed? Then mention the items that you had purchased and got short changed by amazon.

Buy from appario, don't get screwed.

YMMY with refurbished. I got a Fridge that was selling for 28K in the market for 23K lol. and whirlpool registered warranty just fine.
It depends on how robust the company's billing systems are - the only place i got into trouble was with a realme pad mini where i went to check with the service center, and they said the date on my invoice did not match the date on their system for invoice, so refused to give me any warranty. I could have returned it, but again, i got a 12K product for 8K, so was cool with it. The first owner was still signed in - I should have probably emailed him for it :D
the other time was when i got a router ups that was kaput, but my maid had disposed of the packaging so i got stuck with it. Lesson learnt!

otherwise i've bought tons of stuff renewed - a creative soundbar with subwoofer (only torn box) Zebronics ups (Cracked body but still working) Game controller, mx anywhere 3 mouse, APC UPS, sennheiser professional mic - all of the rest without any issues

Back