Amazon external HDD scam, Be aware!

So they expecting the mud/stones to be returned in as-is condition? :tearsofjoy:
Anyways, glad it worked out. Had it been flipkart you'd be still haggling with them.
Thanks for the support o/

As per the cs executive I should not have any issues with the pickup tomorrow as the pickup guy would be made aware of the situation well in advance. Hopefully things will go smooth. Will upate again tomorrow.

I am aware of the isues with Flipkart, but this was very surpising, never thought a product sold by Appario Retail Private Ltd and Fulfilled by Amazon could be a scam.
If you cannot trust Appario Retail who else r u gonna trust in amazon? This is seriously messed up.

I am aware of the isues with Flipkart, but this was very surpising, never thought a product sold by Appario Retail Private Ltd and Fulfilled by Amazon could be a scam.
If you cannot trust Appario Retail who else r u gonna trust in amazon? This is seriously messed up.
I think as some people here said the product doesn't come from a seller's shop itself. It's sitting in a warehouse where many other seller' products also sit.
It could have happened that the stock keeping is not as robust as keeping the serial no. of the products assigned to each seller. It could be dead simple as 100 units of Appario and 5 units of some random seller and you supposedly got the fake ones from that random seller's stock.

Or this could be a doing of warehouse employees but IDK who's shucking external hard drives there. Kinda tedious to do,

If this happens with Amazon with smaller items <10K, all the more reason to avoid Fraudkart for any big ticket PC purchases such as GPUs and CPUs.

Glad you got it worked out. I remember I got scammed for a 2070 Super ordered through Amazon in 2019. Got a box of socks (the cheap kind lol). GPU was worth 45K. Amazon took a week to investigate, but refunded the entire amount.

Very true, although members have an option to select among multiple delivery slots but right below the slots, its reads "Some orders may arrive early"
Never checked that option but do they really follow the time slots? I know websites can promise anything but it all depends on the ground staff and these guys can't be trusted. Anyways good that things worked out for you.

Because courier can be delivered at 10am or at 10pm so they are not sure where to expect delivery.
When such situations rise, I call up the agent and specifically ask him to deliver between xyz time slot or postpone for the day. This is for amazon. And they do honor such requests.
It only takes a call to the delivery agent.

I'm glad your issue has been resolved. A similar thing had happened to me with Flipkart a couple of years back. Received a dud 500gb seagate HDD in a 12TB WD External casing. Was refunded after escalating it on twitter. Normal CS was unable to help beyond a point.

Ordered another 5TB drive from Amazon (Appario Retail), The OneTouch model was out of stock, Settled with Expansion 5TB instead. Could not avail additional SBI CC/Debit discount as sale ended. Selected COD instead. Received a sealed product, Month of import September 2023. Completed product registration online. Warranty shows valid till 10th December 2026.

Last edited:
Ordered another 5TB drive from Amazon (Appario Retail), The OneTouch model was out of stock, Settled with Expansion 5TB instead. Could not avail additional SBI CC/Debit discount as sale ended. Selected COD instead. Received a sealed product, Month of import September 2023. Completed product registration online. Warranty shows valid till 10th December 2026.
Just fyi, these 5TB portable drives run hot like hell even when doing nothing. I once even seriously considered "water cooling" this drive as per this amazon review:

I ended up buying something like this for another external disk of mine(not usb powered but 3.5" external drive with ventilation slots on 3 sides).

I would suggest to install crystaldiskinfo free software & keep an eye on this hdd temps.

Just fyi, these 5TB portable drives run hot like hell even when doing nothing. I once even seriously considered "water cooling" this drive as per this amazon review:

I ended up buying something like this for another external disk of mine(not usb powered but 3.5" external drive with ventilation slots on 3 sides).

I would suggest to install crystaldiskinfo free software & keep an eye on this hdd temps.

Hopefully the heating issue are addressed on the newer generation models, too early to comment it's only been connected to my system for 32hrs and so far, the temps are around 35c, whereas my laptop Nvme is running at 52c o_O Here is the model I purchased - Seagate Expansion 5TB External HDD

Last edited:
Back