Amazon debuts 8.9-inch Kindle Fire HD

manucitc

Disciple
Nexus 7 Killer....

the new Kindle Fire HD features 8.9-inch 1920x1200, 254ppi display. It includes an HD front-facing camera
and a laminated touch sensor for better visuals and 25-percent less glare. It's powered by an OMAP 4470 processor
from Texas Instruments, which Amazon says outperforms the Tegra 3. The Kindle Fire HD also includes stereo speakers,
an upgrade over the Kindle Fire's mono driver. Amazon has improved Wi-Fi networking by adding a dual-band 2.4GHz/5GHz
receiver, two antennas, and its new MIMO radio technology. For storage, the Kindle Fire HD offers 16GB of local hard drive space.

7'' + 8.9'' + 4G LTE version. I am not sure how good is the processor. Can it really beat the Nexus 7?

Amongst the amazon prime users in US, i am sure it will be a hit because of the various perks prime membership offers. Movie streaming, borrowing of ebooks and such. Not sure about all the things it offers.

Amongst the amazon prime users in US, i am sure it will be a hit because of the various perks prime membership offers. Movie streaming, borrowing of ebooks and such. Not sure about all the things it offers.
Yeah, as was the Kindle Fire. It was my first ever tablet so no complains there. I was thinking of buying the new HD 7'' but lets see.

Apparently some initial feedback from engadget/gizmodo still give Nexus 7 an advantage because of the Jellybean experience

I am thinking of getting the 299$ kindle 8.9" for reading PDFs. I already have kindle 6" ebook reader but its not so good for reading PDFs with images.

7'' + 8.9'' + 4G LTE version. I am not sure how good is the processor. Can it really beat the Nexus 7?

OMAP 4470.
It has two less cores than T3,SGX544 will match T3's gpu.
There's a dedicated 2D part in 4470,I dont know if its used currently.
It should be more power efficient than T3.

OMAP 4470.
It has two less cores than T3,SGX544 will match T3's gpu.
There's a dedicated 2D part in 4470,I dont know if its used currently.
It should be more power efficient than T3.
Yes OMAP 4470. It was kinda expected they will also go toe to toe with Nexus 7 and do a quad core processor. Not to be.
IF it's more power efficient then I am more than happy. Works for me. Never believed in the faster processor war when you can't write a code which can put the cores to a proper use.

Back