Amazing Customer Support from Amazon !!!

ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL experience. Just one nagging doubt [dunno if I missed it on this thread].....
1] How did you place your order ....... oops [was it amazon.com ?] in which case payment was made via credit-card/dollars & did you know your final cost [incl shipping + customs in Indian Rupees or you did the conversion yourself] or
2] Through another gateway ....eg "shopyourworld.com"

Just confused....BUT please do not get angry with my basic querry.

terence_fdes said:
ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL experience. Just one nagging doubt [dunno if I missed it on this thread].....

1] How did you place your order ....... oops [was it amazon.com ?] in which case payment was made via credit-card/dollars & did you know your final cost [incl shipping + customs in Indian Rupees or you did the conversion yourself] or

2] Through another gateway ....eg "shopyourworld.com"

Just confused....BUT please do not get angry with my basic querry.

I purchased viz amazon.com when i was in NZ using my NZ credit card,shipped it to my friends US address who got the case to India.

Metalspree said:
I purchased viz amazon.com when i was in NZ using my NZ credit card,shipped it to my friends US address who got the case to India.

PHEW....I am stunned on 2 counts
1] The immediate response
2] The stunning TRUTH "I purchased viz amazon.com when i was in NZ using my NZ credit card,shipped it to my friends US address who got the case to India" ...........

DAMM IT ...... Would all of this really work 100% through Indian Shores ?????

Just wanted to post my experience with amazon.

Recently we bought a leather jacket for 45 usd from amazon market place seller. Mailed him twice about the shipping weight/ cancellation. He shipped it, with out replying. We ended up paying 4200/- for shipping and customs for a 2000/- rs jacket.

Once I received it, It was completely different from what we ordered. Sent a message to the seller again. No response from him. Filed a case and got the refund mail from the amazon today for the complete 45usd.

really Amazon.com rocks

MohitPreet said:
well thats a very far fetched thought my friend, may turn out to be true eventually :p

Well it maybe just that and as someone earlier said they might be gearing up for their Indian launch !!

So this happened day before yday.

Among the blus I ordered, one of them had the outer case broken from the sides. Took some pics and mailed the Amazon CC. Within 15 mins, got an email stating that the whole amount (including taxes) will be refunded to my account and I get to keep the BD too. I was amazed at the swift and polite reply from Amazon.

Had another experience with AMZ UK when one of the blu arrived with a damaged case. On email, they asked me to donate it somewhere and sent a fresh copy via expedited shipping at no cost.

Really AMZ is amazing !

I wonder what is it about customer service that most of Indian companies suck at it. I think its due to weak laws & to the fact it takes many years for courts to deliver judgement in simple case, so companies get away with it:mad:

I think you have something there. Basic consumer rights only started here in the 80s, we still have a way to go to fight for better conditions.

Hoping when Amazon comes to india, they follow these standards:hap2:

Doubtful, its a systemic problem and not a vendor problem.

Though I doubt if they would provide the same type of service when they launch in India. Because we don't have the same kind of pro-consumer legal system and quite a few cheap Indians will take unnecessary advantage of such service forcing them to change their approach anyways
<

Bingo

So what do you guys think is stopping better service.

Think about that 40 million traders lobby that stopped FDI in multi product retail and you have your answer. If they are opposed to walmart why will they turn a blind eye to amazon or any big foreign e-retailer.

If the traders are forced to refund by law then they will automatically make sure their peripheral partners are upto scratch and it wil work its way though the system. Mail fraud is a felony in the US, if it was the same here, nothing would go missing in the post. All it takes are the right laws, but prepare for a good fight over that.

How do we order from Amazon.com from India, shipping it to SnS? Do we use our Indian credit card? Does this works at all? I am looking to buy few things and request your guidance here.

the problem is - many MNCs do give this kind of service outside India. When they are in India - customers go for a toss. Just recap Coke & Cadbury did : In Austria Coke cans had traces of rat faeces on the top of the cans - the CEO (of Coke, USA) flies to Austria and apologizes, they find pesticides in India, they blame the local water. Cadbury choclates have worms coming out of them, they promptly blame the 3rd-world li'l shopkeepers who did not know how to "store".

The flip-side of the coin is that I have heard enough stories how this easy-no-questions-asked return-policy is abused by - esp. Indians - in the US.

Anyway, it would be very useful to have at least one company giving such exceptional customer service.

Many times we are made to forget that we are the customers!

Companies in India can provide such services only if there's honesty and Fairness !!! dont you think doing such a thing people will exploit easily here ?? (People will try and exploit the system and report failures every now and then and get replacements)

How many threads havent you seen right here in TE where people were trying to run over thier laptops purposely to claim under complete cover ??

How many threads havent we see right here where a fall had caused a hard drive failure and they hid the fact and still got a replacement pretending its a general failure ??

I've seen customers damaging monitors and claiming no power or other issues, isnt that outright stealing ?

Know one thing guys, the people who provide support in USA and UK are mostly Indians!

Well im an Indian and Proud, no doubt about that , but the amount of honesty and truthfulness is surely scarce these days !!

you may read this and flame me, but the above are my personal opinions

Companies in India can provide such services only if there's honesty and Fairness !!! dont you think doing such a thing people will exploit easily here ?? (People will try and exploit the system and report failures every now and then and get replacements)

How many threads havent you seen right here in TE where people were trying to run over thier laptops purposely to claim under complete cover ??

How many threads havent we see right here where a fall had caused a hard drive failure and they hid the fact and still got a replacement pretending its a general failure ??

I've seen customers damaging monitors and claiming no power or other issues, isnt that outright stealing ?

Know one thing guys, the people who provide support in USA and UK are mostly Indians!

Well im an Indian and Proud, no doubt about that , but the amount of honesty and truthfulness is surely scarce these days !!

you may read this and flame me, but the above are my personal opinions

How about looking it from a completely different perspective.
<

The only reason why some people in India resort to cheap tactics is because they know even if there was a genuine fault of the manufacturer, they won't own it.

As the manufacturers know the laws here aren't pro consumer anyways, so they give some BS reasons even if its their fault.

So the first thing that needs to be improved is the law of the land, till then no one can be blamed.

And you know how hard it is for the Indian laws to change, it would take some big & controversial issue to happen to set it right.
<

Here both consumers and sellers are the same breed. Everyone exploits loopholes, that's all

When FK messed up their listing price a while ago, people starting ranting as to why can't they offer the 6970 for 15k as was listed.

If they refund the amount it's wrong.

If they ask you to pay extra to the actual price, it's wrong.

Please don't say they broke your little heart.

Such is the attitude of people. Both sides its the same person with different roles.

Also take for example, most people would buy something where it is the cheapest irrespective of the service.

People buy from letsbuy coz of the coupons which make it 100 bucks cheaper than FK. Later when they screw up, they cry and rant here (example is me)

Then people find someplace even cheaper than letsbuy, called timtara or yebhi etc etc and buy themselves suffering and sorrow

Finally they find a website with unbelievable deal and it's called deals and you. It's so cheap that you instantly hit buy without second thought. You spend the rest of the month fighting CC for a refund or checking product status etc

State of affairs

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk

Almost every other company in USA provide great support.

Caused they know they will get their a** whipped if they are sued under US laws.

With it comes money claims & free advertisement of the company not being pro-consumer.

I don't know if this system will be implemented in India even 5 years down the line. Sighh . . .

<

Back