Android Alternatives to Vlc player for UPNP and DLNA streaming of music files

Yeah Yatse can show the Kodi library as either the usual artists/albums or in a directory view.

I'm not sure how good manual playlist creation is though. But there's a 30 day trial you can use to check everything and see if it's good enough for you.

Yeah Yatse can show the Kodi library as either the usual artists/albums or in a directory view.

I'm not sure how good manual playlist creation is though. But there's a 30 day trial you can use to check everything and see if it's good enough for you.
Right so I was able yo setup kodi afresh and let it scan the Upnp source with around 400gb of files, installed yatze and was able to control kodi with it..
In the mean time i just thought to access my files via filemanager+ app already installed on my phone using remote access option using the credentials and viola... I found this far more easy and was able to mange my files on the fly, as I have been using the filemanger+ app since ages and love it's interface...

So instradvof kodi and yatse I found the already being used vlc plus filemanager+ app far easier and useful for my use case scenario...

Thanks again Cal, got to learn something new as well...
Screenshot_20240208-113347.pngScreenshot_20240208-113354.png

Right...
Although I was able to organise (using file manager + via remote option as shared above) and play via UPNP through VLC player on Android... But I kept searching for something else just for the heck of it and I have recently stumbled upon...
Hi-Fi cast application..

I must say it looks good and pretty stable as compared to vlc (not that vlc was having any issues as such), the interface is biggest plus and it's pretty refreshing considering all the options....

One small nuisance which is totally acceptable that once a while it show you a full page prompt of upgrading to premium which you can exit from by a click.. I am leaning towards buying the premium just to support the development and as it costs just 190 rs only...

If you are like me and play your music through smb or Upnp then this would prove pretty neat and useful.

Last edited:
Back