PC Peripherals All-in-one (print,scan & copy combo) under 7.5k

Hey guys, I need a all in one printer within 7k. It should have following features :-

1. Print, scan & copy.
2. Low running cost.
3. Good quality photo-prints. This is the main purpose of the printer.
4. Good warranty.
5. HP, Canon or Epson.
6. Low running costs.

I've shortlisted two models :-

1. HP B-110a Photosmart AIO Printer :- Rs. 7349
2. Epson ME Office 620F Inkjet :- Rs. 6655

Please help me choose the best one.. I have currently HP LaserJet 1018 at home. Working fine since last 5 years. No idea about coloured printers that's why I wanted advice.

IMHO... u should not go with inkjet printers if u want low running cost

there is a HP model laser printer which costs around 9k...go for that

HP Deskjet Ink Advantage All-in-One K209a

HP 703 Black Ink Cartridge Yield: ~600 pages Cost: 425

HP 703 Tri-colour Ink Cartridge Yield: ~250pages Cost: 425

I decided to get the K209A from Letsbuy.com. Applied a discount coupon and got it for 6.3k

Mate can u pass me the links for the cartridges also? looks like a sweet deal considering the cartridge cost:)

good to see color cartridge for so less

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I was just looking at laser printer options and could see a Samsung Laser for 4.2k (after coupon):):)

Any idea if we can get the cartridge for this easily or not?

Samsung ML-1866 Laser printer

Buy Samsung ML-1866 Laser Jet Printer at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

Looks like a killer deal for a Laser and no maintenance printer

Well i recently bought the HP k209 model, mfg date July 2011, the model that i got is K209g and is a more updated version of the same k209a model, it cost me 7k from a local dealer, it's a very good AIO printer with very low printing costs.

refilling at my place costs me 50 bucks for both colour and B/W catridge, once the catridge has lived past it's age then only do i buy another catridge, the problem with refills is that if original catridge gives u an approximate 600 pages for b/w catridge, the refill will give you approx 100 pages less and with every refill it goes on decreasing, so as far as i am concerned inkjet is very cost effective if you know what you are doing, and would recommend getting the newer update HP k209g model.

Regards
preet27

Thanks...but wouldn't a Laser be more cost effective? with the link given above? i think one cartridge can give u around 3000+ prints:)

The laser printer you've pointed to gives around 1500 pages per cartridge. It's mentioned in the product details. Couldn't find the cost of the cartridge though. Also, it prints only black and white and doesn't have a scanner. VFM if all u want to do is print in black and white.

Links for the HP 703 cartridge: ebay.in

Nice.... I was thinking of using my SLR for scanning and then priniting through the printer...so SLR acts as the scanner and xerox:)

Now the question is just of the cartridge price for the samsung Laser peinter:)

vercetti said:
Nice.... I was thinking of using my SLR for scanning and then priniting through the printer...so SLR acts as the scanner and xerox:)

Technology overload :p

Just an FYI...any documents you submit for verification purposes can't be scanned and then printed. It has to be a photocopy of the original.

Off topic...how do u differentiate b/n a scanned document and a photocopied document?

the photocopier that u have actually scans and then prints anyways:)

Fahrenheit said:
Technology overload :p

Just an FYI...any documents you submit for verification purposes can't be scanned and then printed. It has to be a photocopy of the original.

not too sure but the guy who came to collect my documents said that a few people had modified their details after scanning a document so they don't accept scanned documents...

This was a drivers license...

Laser printer in your budget range are all going to be B/W printers, any good AIO colored laser printer usually costs above 10k, and the real good ones are way more costly ranging in above 20k range, so unless you want it for commercial purposes, a colored AIO Laser option is not at all recommended.

A laser printer does not use catridges, it uses a toner to give out prints, on an average the toner, in real world terms churns out around 1100 - 1200 pages before it dries out, so your assumption of 3000 pages is very much exaggerated, and that is why i recommended the HP K209 series printer to you, it is a coloured Inkjet printer with a catridge that gives out approx. 600 b/w pages and 250 colored pages per catridge (will be less in real world scenario ~500 and ~ 200 respectively), further these catridges can be easily refilled by third party ink, i usually get them refilled for less than 50 bucks and haven't faced any problem for the past 10 years using the same in my Hp 3310 printer which has now been replaced by Hp K209G AIO printer. The catridge cost for the same is very low and the HP 703 is available for 425/- each on ebay, AFAIK this is the most economical option, so even if you don't want to get your catridges refilled, the catridge cost and ultimately cost per page is also the best for this printer.

Rest sir is for you to decide.

Regards,
Preet

Thanks Preet, Fahrenheit and all.:) Repped everyone:)

Just ordered a K209 from letsbuy. After 6+ months of search I am finally buying a printer

Back