Aliexpress.com - Feedback Thread

The 40 USD price you say was mentioned on alibaba page or you negotiated with the seller? If on that page, can you link the page once.
It's always negotiated with the seller on Alibaba, depending upon what you buy and how much of it . Whatever price they do mention, is for info's sake. That said, the price he got indeed was quite cheap. And my mobile phone box-sized (400gm) parcel couldn't escape custom duty on both occasions that I bought it, once via post and another time via FedEx.

It's always negotiated with the seller on Alibaba, depending upon what you buy and how much of it . Whatever price they do mention, is for info's sake. That said, the price he got indeed was quite cheap. And my mobile phone box-sized (400gm) parcel couldn't escape custom duty on both occasions that I bought it, once via post and another time via FedEx.
I got a small 400 gms lego set and somehow it escaped duty, came by India post here (china post from China). Now I have another 800 Gms package coming, fingers crossed. The 4Kg/$40 is indeed great deal because I doubt any seller would do that and that too with fedex.

If classified as cargo or freight, the Customs procedures will apply. Anything small enough to classify as a courier is generally delivered direct without the Customs malarkey. This has been my experience.
DHL/FedEx will charge customs duty even for a 20$ shipment. They start for customs clearance even before the shipment arrives in India to save time.

DHL/FedEx will charge customs duty even for a 20$ shipment. They start for customs clearance even before the shipment arrives in India to save time.

That is what I too have seen almost every person say. Even for a very small value package, they will make sure one pays customs and that is why people really don't want to use them.

Few days back I got to know about some bricklink seller (lego parts) offering free international shipping through a lego whatsapp group I am part of and people were hoping that seller DOES NOT use DHL to ship stuff to them and instead use Thai Post (seller was in Thailand).

Not been the case for me. I import a few times a year.
I am really surprised how. I am not doubting you, just curious. Also, sellers usually quote pretty ridiculous amounts. I once contacted a seller for a replica lego set which was 2.5 Kg in weight and they quoted me like 7000 rupees through china post. Basically, it felt like they are deliberately quoting exaggerated values to stop me from ordering.
they of course had no problem shipping locally in China to a FF if I wanted to.

I am really surprised how. I am not doubting you, just curious. Also, sellers usually quote pretty ridiculous amounts. I once contacted a seller for a replica lego set which was 2.5 Kg in weight and they quoted me like 7000 rupees through china post. Basically, it felt like they are deliberately quoting exaggerated values to stop me from ordering.
they of course had no problem shipping locally in China to a FF if I wanted to.
It's often cheaper to ship to the US, consolidate, and ship onwards to India.

I'd also like to add that I've always undervalued my shipments (within reason; the goal is to mitigate D&T, not have your shipment flagged). I do not deal with sellers who refuse to deflate the declared value.
Not been the case for me. I import a few times a year (this includes items shipped from China). I prefer dealing with DHL over FedEx.
Also, this is not to say all my shipments have been duty-free. The vast majority of them have been flagged by Customs. Smaller shipments (+ declared low value or a gift) have come through sans D&T.

Last edited:
Boss 40USD for 4Kg kaise? That is $10 USD per Kg which is less than what many freight forwarders charge. Also how was customs as that 40USD doesn't include customs so. But with Fedex I guess customs is a guaranteed thing right?
Hey, Sorry the shipping was actually 49 USD for 4KG. Yes, the entire invoice amount including shipping will be included in customs and fedex took care of the customs clearance for a small charge.

Glad to report success on order from AliBaba as per suggestion. Received package today (28th Nov) which was oredered on 17th Nov. 11 days. That is very very good. Shipped by Yanwen service.

Is there anyway to make a AliExpress payment using an Indian credit card? The destination is not India yet the payment keeps getting rejected and reversed

Is there anyway to make a AliExpress payment using an Indian credit card? The destination is not India yet the payment keeps getting rejected and reversed
I have paid successfully with my Indian card.
But I remember some card had used. Which card are you using?. Thankfully I have quite a few and Hdfc and Amazon ICICI both worked for me.

Are you Using VPN? I don't think without VPN it is possible to even open AliExpress website.

I have paid successfully with my Indian card.
But I remember some card had used. Which card are you using?. Thankfully I have quite a few and Hdfc and Amazon ICICI both worked for me.

Are you Using VPN? I don't think without VPN it is possible to even open AliExpress website.
I'm able to open and use without vpn but the payment keeps getting denied when using my axis Bank cc. Would it be possible for you to order a small item to a us address? It's around 1$.

Pre AE ban all popular cards used to work both physical and virtual ones. Would say ICICI works on AE or any such similar site.

Back