Airtel To Pay Rs 700 Crore For Evading Custom Duty

RoBoGhOsT

Perambulating
Skilled
Airtel To Pay Rs 700 Crore For Evading Custom Duty

Bharti Airtel has been ordered to pay Rs 700 Crore for evading customs .

192815.jpg

The total amount due includes differential duty liability of Rs 215.51 crore, apart from a similar amount of penalty and a redemption fine of Rs 189 crore for confiscated goods. Additionally, an interest on the duty liability has also been charged on a per year basis.

Airtel has been alleged of splitting the value of imported telecom equipment into hardware and software category , which led to undervaluation of the imported goods . The report said the case against Airtel is over undervalueation and non inclusion of value of software imports .

The case has its roots in the year 2004, when the authorities conducted searches at Bharti's Bangalore office.

Airtel has aoption to appeal the tribunal's order in the Supreme Court .

Source

Then i think they will charge higher price for all their product to recover their 700 crore. Example:- Airtel dishTV, Sim card, Airtel internet etc.

Then i think they will charge higher price for all their product to recover their 700 crore. Example:- Airtel dishTV, Sim card, Airtel internet etc.
No Big Secret. Hike Call rates for Few months, Increase channel Rates for some time to Recover lost money and Again Reduce the prices.

Airtel sim services is bad like our current goverment. They charge extra money for no reason and they start any service with their own in the customer sim card. So i also wanted to see airtel company beg for money to the Goverment like mallya did in his loss.

Be ready for Automatic service activation & faulty auto deductions :(

Mobile users getting miss-calls in mid-night & if they call back than huge deduction from balance :scared14:

Airtel company called by latest name the customer money thief. So whoever have airtel product please take it out and throw it into dustbin. Otherwise you will be in dustbin.

I don't understand why people are still with airtel. I used to get charged for services i didn't activate, sometimes upon complaining i used to get my balance back and sometimes not. Got tired of complaining and switched the operator.

I don't understand why people are still with airtel. I used to get charged for services i didn't activate, sometimes upon complaining i used to get my balance back and sometimes not. Got tired of complaining and switched the operator.

You sir, made the right decision!

#SoProdOfU

Ahh Well , I never got problems with Airtel. But recently there GPRS has turned so poor in Bangalore . :(

Mate change your sim otherwise you will be the target of airtel the customer money theif. Because they can get the money from their customer and you are the airtel customer.

I doubt a nexus oriented and monopolistic behemoth like Airtel, will ever have to beg the government for cash or reprise. They are the industry benchmark for bad practices, fleecing the customer, and non-answerability to the downstream. They have tactfully diversified their portfolio, which should keep the boat rocking.

:)

Mate change your sim otherwise you will be the target of airtel the customer money theif. Because they can get the money from their customer and you are the airtel customer.

Thanks mate for the advice but in 6 long years I have been with them I have hardly had bad experience with them . Unless that changes , I am going to stick to Airtel.

I was loyal Airtel customer since 6 years. Recently I have moved to Vodafone which provides absolutely brilliant service here. :) No call drops so far, Data / 2G connection is bliss. :)

Back