Airtel Network gone for toss today? (Mumbai)

Even i am not able to call MTNL mobile and landline to my parents in Navi Mumbai from chennai. But they are able to call me. But strangely My bro can call from pune to navi mumbai.

I logged in just to check if it indeed is the network providers problem and not my phone. Glad that its really Airtel who has messed it up since the morning :tongue:. Down since the morning here too in Nashik.:mad:

The strange thing is that in an attempt to rectify the problem, I tried switching on/ off the flight mode. Didn't work. Switched off the phone and now it won't start again. Stuck in boot loops :(

Quoting dinjo's fb status.
Mumbai fire brigade uses only one bucket of water to douze the fire at the airtel data centre. They say its their part of fair usage policy :rofl:

Time to kick failtel.Its still down..

On balancesheet they show they have more cash than reliance but not redundant network.Damn game over from my side.

Got a mail at work yesterday, part of it which read:

We have been advised by our Network service provider – M/s Bharti Airtel that their data links to our Powai office are impacted due to fire at their Malad POP. Most of our traffic has been diverted automatically to our redundant data links from other service providers. However a few locations that have links only from Bharti are impacted for traffic reaching to Powai.

I wonder why do big organisations have their ISP tie ups with a private provider? Can't they make do with BSNL? INM SBI has it with BSNL.

The internet at my place in Pune was down since 1am on the 27th...just came back on.
The cc kept giving me deadlines yesterday, but this morning when I called, I was told that they can't commit to a time.
At least they were honest.
First time airtel's been down for me in ~2-3 years.

Back