Airtel has suggested TRAI to reduce post-FUP speed to 64kbps

This is actually data rationing. I really do not understand the term: MISUSE. If this goes through, we are going to be in the dark ages forever.

Failtel at it again. This makes me happy I never switched over to one of the big guys. Still on my 4 Mbps unlimited connection from the local cable guy
Get cached speeds close to 60 Mbps on everything - Netflix, Steam, Youtube, Mega, Torrents etc

I am surprised to see the negative comments on this thread!
Don't you guys have any other local service provider in your areas?

I dont. Only alternative right now I have is MTNL (which has way worse service and absolutely no customer support in my area) and local cablewallahs which is borderline unusable for gaming or anything except basic surfing.

If I had an option, even if I had to pay 10-20% more, I would switch in a heartbeat.

I am surprised to see the negative comments on this thread!
Don't you guys have any other local service provider in your areas?
Nope. Well we have BSNL which has a crappy service and one private ISP who asks for 14k for first connection.

I dont. Only alternative right now I have is MTNL (which has way worse service and absolutely no customer support in my area) and local cablewallahs which is borderline unusable for gaming or anything except basic surfing.

If I had an option, even if I had to pay 10-20% more, I would switch in a heartbeat.

As for us our cable operators currently have no internet for domestic use but said they will bring the service soon. Our local operator guy told me that he was aware of the situation and also know about the other private ISP and said that the moment they introduce their service the competitors will run out of business.

Well, well, well, India has the cheapest telecom services they said. These articles says the contrary to what we believed. Though i am not in India now, i feel the pain, cos my parents are using my connection and the price of broadband has increased several fold now than what it was in 2011. In fact the quality of service has come down. They changed my plans without any consent and kept increasing the prices and i dont have any other option as well, since all the other providers are the same. Guess all the bribes they pay to politicians are being recovered from us.

Here in the US, I use 300 mbps for $60.00 no FUP bull crap and if we do the math it works to about Rs3600.00 PM. In chennai i am paying Rs1200 for 8Mbs with 20GB limit. These Airtel guys have become more greedy due to service demand and trying to rip us all.

Do you guys think that this will have a positive impact or will the private players have their way?
IMO the only solution to this would be other better service providers expanding.

Thank god. i still have dial up modem. May come handy since dial up connection would give better speed than airtel.

I think its high time all indians do mass scale porting from airtel services to show them a finger. Boycott is the best weapon.
Totally agree!!

Just like they were trashed all over the country when they showed their intent of charging voip calls, its time again to do same thing. May be make facebook profile for Hate Airtel and for others as well.

So privatization is not the answer is proved by corporate India itself. Also competition is key to better service is also proved wrong since cartel is the common word everywhere.

Airtel was against net neutrality and now Airtel wants to reduce the speed to 64 so no net is left for people. So they can take net away from neutrality. Craptel :mad:

I say we start another petition just like we did for net neutrality ... I'm pretty sure we'd get the required number of votes to come out well ..

Petition has already started and probably ended. Wasn't 16th Feb the last day for submission to TRAI?

They requested because they want to sell their SmartByte Packages. Once you exhaust your limit, you can topup your account with them.

1GB for INR 99/-, 2GB for INR 159/-, 5GB for INR 299/-, 10GB for INR 499/-, 20GB for INR 799/- and 50GB for INR 1499/-.

http://www.airtel.in/about-bharti/m...-when-you-need-it-most-with-airtel-smartbytes

damn airtel they want to been more greedy to earn more money whatever they want to change this rules

Back