Airtel Broadband - Fraudulent usage

raptor3624

Adept
Sep 23, 2007
My Airtel broad band plan is 40GB limit at 4Mbps with an FUP of 512Kbps later. Billing date is 26th of every month. Since last few months I have been seeing that the data is being exhausted with not much activity on my internet from my side. This month, the 40GB limit got exhausted on 16th. I biught a smart byte for 5 GB and added some Mybundle offer of 5GB for the fixedline which was applicab to be active only between 10PM and 6 AM.
2 days ago I realised that I am back on 512 Kbps. Whne contacted, Customer support executive said that I have exhausted all of 50GB!!! I mean WTF!!!

1. There is no way I can consume 5 GB in 3-4 days when I have not downloaded any movie and all we do at home is surf for articles and read and not watch much videos(atleast those 4 days).

2. That MyHome bundle is applicable only at night times. So how the hell did that get exhausted when i didn't even use internet at night times??

Airtel is just eating into my broadband limit and expects me to buy smart bytes after smartbytes.
Did anyone else face this? I think I am seriously going to switch to something else with an after FUP speed of 1Mbps.