Airtel and SMS Error

I have been trying to send a message to a particular number and every time airtel throws in ''an error 2 cant send messages.''

I have talktime in my account, the sim is not damaged its a esim.
phone is samsung s24U

also the same message is easily sent by a jio sim.

tried on samsung messages, google messages same

photo_2024-04-07 12.00.23.jpeg
photo_2024-04-07 11.56.50.jpeg

Last edited:
Does it have an active calling plan?
The plans which are monthly/quarterly/yearly having unlimited calls and some per day/fixed internet quota with fixed validity.
If it's not recharged you can't send SMS, no matter what balance you have. You don't have validity without recharge.

I have been trying to send a message to a particular number and every time airtel throws in ''an error 2 cant send messages.''

I have talktime in my account, the sim is not damaged its a esim.
phone is samsung s24U

also the same message is easily sent by a jio sim.

tried on samsung messages, google messages same
Which recharge you are currently using?
As I remember recharging wife's secondary number for ₹79 (later on increased to ₹99) doesn't offer outgoing sms even though its a validity voucher for 28 days, so shifted to bsnl.

Send an SMS to a local number and it'll be confirmed when it works.
I'm pretty sure you need some kind of international plan to call/SMS international no..

Not a twitter user so I do not know the process, but I do not think verifying your number on twitter should require sending sms to U.K.

If you are not facing any issues sending sms to indian phone numbers, then maybe you should contact twitter support first as to why verification of your indian phone number requires sending an sms to UK.

i verified with my jio sim for the same account and it was a success, amount deducted was RS 5.

this is similar to verification for iMessage activation on phones.
anyone using twitter here please go to account details and try to verify the phone number please.

I just texted a US number from my Airtel prepaid and it went through. Got charged 5 bucks. Guess I'd activated international outgoing at some point

i verified with my jio sim for the same account and it was a success, amount deducted was RS 5.

this is similar to verification for iMessage activation on phones.
anyone using twitter here please go to account details and try to verify the phone number please.
I'm having the exact problem for Twitter verification. Can't send sms to the Twitter UK number from my Airtel mobile.

You just need some balance. You can top it up with 10 or 20 rupees and the SMS should get sent. Just like @babhishek said.

Like @n1r0 said, check if international messaging is blocked. Ideally it should not be blocked. It is enabled by default.

In Airtel thanks app isn't here an option to turn on/off international stuff? Just my guess as I think Is aw that long time ago, no harm checking else rather than asking here better to ring Airtel's cc and get the answer..

In Airtel thanks app isn't here an option to turn on/off international stuff? Just my guess as I think Is aw that long time ago, no harm checking else rather than asking here better to ring Airtel's cc and get the answer..
there is only option to enable international roaming. it show 899 rs pack for international roaming :(

and btw I have like 400rs balance. will try airtel CC.

I'm having the exact problem for Twitter verification. Can't send sms to the Twitter UK number from my Airtel mobile.
Deleted my Twitter account when Elon took over but seriously, they ask you to send the message to them? That is really cheap. Every other app either messages or calls the user.

Back