Aircel experience?

Aircel is a number one Fraud ... had many problems with them in billing and also in the coverage is worst. Never trust them.

sickizblank said:
^^ In which you can change your network provider (say Airtel to Vodafone) and connection plans without having your number changed.

That's what it is I think.. It's been excepted by the court or whatever. Read in the newspaper a couple of months back..

Yeah thats right, and you can switch your telecom operator irrespective of underlying technology too. So a CDMA to GSM shift and vice-versa is also possible.

The court here is TRAI which is passing off regulations without any regard to what operators have to do to achieve this :p

And according to current diktat from TRAI it will be available in about 8 cities by September. Should be interesting :eek:hyeah:

Aircel doesn't even have a collection point to pay the monthly bill. For past one year i was paying online, had to pay by cash this time and they telling me to go another end of the city.

I m usin bpl, but according to me vodafone has d bst netwrk in mumbai widout ny doubt. Guys in mumbai shud never go 4 reliance, tata, aircel, idea as they hav d worst coverage.

Renegade said:
Yeah thats right, and you can switch your telecom operator irrespective of underlying technology too. So a CDMA to GSM shift and vice-versa is also possible.

The court here is TRAI which is passing off regulations without any regard to what operators have to do to achieve this :p

And according to current diktat from TRAI it will be available in about 8 cities by September. Should be interesting :eek:hyeah:

There is another related issue too. There are many plans that have low cost for calls within the operator's network/circle. The user is able to figure this out from the number. Say I use MTNL Mumbai and I know that 9969, 9869 and 9757 are all of MTNL Mumbai. MTNL charges just 0.05 for sms within their network. I can use it liberally when it is so cheap. Similarly Vodafone, Airtel, all have such kind of offers.
Once we have number portability, such offers will be difficult for users to exploit.

Emil said:
There is another related issue too. There are many plans that have low cost for calls within the operator's network/circle. The user is able to figure this out from the number. Say I use MTNL Mumbai and I know that 9969, 9869 and 9757 are all of MTNL Mumbai. MTNL charges just 0.05 for sms within their network. I can use it liberally when it is so cheap. Similarly Vodafone, Airtel, all have such kind of offers.

Once we have number portability, such offers will be difficult for users to exploit.

Yeah you cant judge that from the number itself. But there will be a system in place, when you make a call, to identify whether the call is within the operator network or not. So you will have to dial in first. :p

dragon_unleash said:
I m usin bpl, but according to me vodafone has d bst netwrk in mumbai widout ny doubt. Guys in mumbai shud never go 4 reliance, tata, aircel, idea as they hav d worst coverage.

Vodafone network is very poor near my house in Andheri E.

Renegade said:
Yeah you cant judge that from the number itself. But there will be a system in place, when you make a call, to identify whether the call is within the operator network or not. So you will have to dial in first. :p

Sounds like a big pain. Like for instance, on one phone we have unlimited calls to MTNL network. We make all calls to MTNL landline, Trump, Dolphin and Garuda from that number.

Once number portability comes, in theory we will have to make an extra call for every call we make. :(

Back