Monitors AIO monitor for Competitive PC + PS5 + Recording Gameplays (No Streaming)

psybronik

Disciple
Hi All

As the title suggest I'm looking for a Monitor that can be used for Games like Valorant and also for playing games on ps5.
I'm confused whether to go for 2k 240hz or 4k 144hz.
My budget is 30 to 40K.

I will be recording my gameplays everyday. i have a good enough PC with 3080FE and a 5900x.

I Sit like 1.5ft away from my monitor so a 28 inch should be good. I'm from Mumbai so any store you would like to suggest that will be helpful. i dont want to ask at every shop at lamington road (i can tho ,LOL).

Many Thanks for your help.

That Acer one was released in 2023 and here are the specs:

I haven't purchased from the seller Xtronicsapp but I've heard great things. But QC can be an issue. Seeing this model available in stores as well you can check there. But I would recommend this at around 30k, not 40k.
At 40k+ you have more options.

As for choosing between qhd@240hz or uhd@144/160hz, solely depends on your general workflow and how serious you are about competitive gaming.

If every millisecond helps then forget 4k, stick with Qhd for more option.
Now choosing between multiple qhd options some things to keep in mind:
- since you mention valorant (I assume it has better color pallet than cs-go), any monitor with at least 70~80% or above response time compliance would be a better pick if you rely on peripheral vision else if you're mostly centered then you can ignore this
- lag should be minimum as usual
- minimum overshoot
When you see response times, put those monitors above other which meet their average response time- I.e. for 240hz, 1/240= 4ms (IPS panels can meet that)
You can get all these data from YouTube reviewers (not our Desi ones), more from the likes of monitor unboxed, ratings, totally dubbed, techless, bijan jamshidi among others.

There could be panel difference between ones released in US/EU and here in APAC, so that can be confirmed by TE/Indian gamers sub, displayspecification site.

That Acer one was released in 2023 and here are the specs:

I haven't purchased from the seller Xtronicsapp but I've heard great things. But QC can be an issue. Seeing this model available in stores as well you can check there. But I would recommend this at around 30k, not 40k.
At 40k+ you have more options.

As for choosing between qhd@240hz or uhd@144/160hz, solely depends on your general workflow and how serious you are about competitive gaming.

If every millisecond helps then forget 4k, stick with Qhd for more option.
Now choosing between multiple qhd options some things to keep in mind:
- since you mention valorant (I assume it has better color pallet than cs-go), any monitor with at least 70~80% or above response time compliance would be a better pick if you rely on peripheral vision else if you're mostly centered then you can ignore this
- lag should be minimum as usual
- minimum overshoot
When you see response times, put those monitors above other which meet their average response time- I.e. for 240hz, 1/240= 4ms (IPS panels can meet that)
You can get all these data from YouTube reviewers (not our Desi ones), more from the likes of monitor unboxed, ratings, totally dubbed, techless, bijan jamshidi among others.

There could be panel difference between ones released in US/EU and here in APAC, so that can be confirmed by TE/Indian gamers sub, displayspecification site.
Thank you for such detailed response. My Workflow will be 80% Story mode games on PS5 (will upload walkthroughs onmy channel) and 20% Competitive. I had this monitor in my list since you posted about it in deals section is this available at the same price at local stores ? This monitor was released in 2023 right ? you think 3080 will get 144fps at 4k on valo on this ? also i had shortlisted Samsung odyssey G6 1440P 240hz but i dont know if this one also suffers from Scan line issues :(

Back